Connecting Cutch Switch

Dahoopd

Does anyone have a "How to for Dummies" on hooking up the clutch switch in an auto from a 5-speed. I did the searches and my brain is now eggs, I mean my eggs are now brained, My brain is scrambled. I am putting a 93 5-speed into a 91 Auto

Last edited:
Well on my 91 there is a plug in that has 4 wires on it. It is plugged in to a black shunt. Unplug the black shunt and plug it in to the clutch peddal. It should be around there sum where under the dash around where the clutch peddal would be.

Well on my 91 there is a plug in that has 4 wires on it. It is plugged in to a black shunt. Unplug the black shunt and plug it in to the clutch peddal. It should be around there sum where under the dash around where the clutch peddal would be.

There were no extra plugs in there anywhere. I read an older thread that said it would be taped up in the harness. I pulled the dash to install the pedals and replaced the dash while I was at it. I took all of the wiring from the old dash and put it in the new one. There wasn't any extra's

There were no extra plugs in there anywhere. I read an older thread that said it would be taped up in the harness. I pulled the dash to install the pedals and replaced the dash while I was at it. I took all of the wiring from the old dash and put it in the new one. There wasn't any extra's

OUCH is all i have to say.. Specially since you had the dash out, then all the wiring modifications you would have to do would of been SOOOO much easier.. :)

I think it's rare to find the plug already there outside of the '89/90 cars. if you can't find it taped to the harness where the wiring is for the brake light switch or cruise control module is, then it's not there.

And i'll reply to your PM soon

Back