car died

boogeyman

ok so last night the s/c refused to start after a long drive i checked fuel pressure i have 38 psi key on all good i pulled a plug wire and i get no spark i tried a spare dis module that is known good. no dice so i wait till the morning bring a coil and swap it out car starts right up no problems car runs for about 10 minutes and then dies again and wont restart no spark again tried cranking it over a few times with crank sensor unplugged to get a possible start and nothing

im thinking possible crank sensor went bad and when cold works then when warm gives up again
any other idea`s i tried starting fluid just to be sure and got nothing at all need any ideas asap

Mine did that exact same thing when my used harmonic balancer went out. I even did the DIS module thing and it did the same thing. It broke the bolt and walked forward just enough to kill the car. Towed it home, tried to start the next day, no luck. The day after, ran for about 10 minutes before dying again. Check the bolt on your balancer

unplugging the crank sensor will cause the car to never start. If you are cranking the engine over and the upshift light stays on while cranking that means your crank sensor is bad, so replace it. If your harmonic is bad, it takes out your crank sensor, so the car probably would not restart after it had cooled down overnight night.

chris

ok so since it restrted its most likely just a bad crank sensor then. i have a brand new cam sensor for the car already so im just going to change that as well at the same time as insurance against this happening again i will retorque the crank bolt and loctite it as well

ok so since it restrted its most likely just a bad crank sensor then. i have a brand new cam sensor for the car already so im just going to change that as well at the same time as insurance against this happening again i will retorque the crank bolt and loctite it as well

It's not the bolts that come loose. It's the balancer that cracks and then fatigues the bolts. Just saying, because putting lock tite on there is pointless other than it makes it hell to remove the broken bolt whenever you do break it off.

Oh well that clears that up for me then thank you. I didn't think it essays issue with it actually breaking just coming loose

Back