PDA

View Full Version : KY Horsepower shootout Final Roster

Quik95SC
10-21-2011, 03:19 PM
OK so let this be the final roster of who is coming to this event!

Please include estimated arrival time too. I'll start it off.

James & Dawn (Smitty) arriving 2 am Saturday morning in Richmond, KY

BLOWN38
10-21-2011, 04:08 PM

Chris, Stephanie and Haley 2-3pm saturday at hotel Winchester.

DrFishbone
10-21-2011, 04:33 PM

Matt & Danielle Haub (probably some family too) arriving ~ 9am Sunday @ the track

Dirtyd0g
10-21-2011, 06:10 PM
I should be at the track around 9am. I gotta start loading the trailer tonight.
Alan

SCrazy
10-21-2011, 07:13 PM

Matt & Danielle Haub (probably some family too) arriving ~ 9am Sunday @ the track

Where the heck is everybody.....Oatway's are in the HOUSE!!

David Neibert
10-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Kathy, Me and Kurt will be arriving 2:00-3:00 PM Saturday at Hotel in Winchester.

David

BLOWN38
10-21-2011, 09:48 PM

Where the heck is everybody.....Oatway's are in the HOUSE!!

Working!:rolleyes: Is the pig on the spit yet.:D

SCrazy
10-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Working!:rolleyes: Is the pig on the spit yet.:D

I'm waiting for the rest of the overnight guys to arrive

KYSal
10-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Anthony and Dan are headed out soon. I'll be shortly after getting STUPID homework done!

Sal

ScrapSC
10-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Final roll call:

Sally, Anthony, & Dan Thornsberry
Kathy and David Neibert
Jennifer and Brian Oatway (w/Sidney)
Kurt Kreisz
Alan (Dirty Dog)
Matt & Dawn Haub
Chris and Stephany Vining w/ Haley
Chris Lazzo with guests
James and Dawn Smith
Mike and Angela Tuck

Had a nice sized group show up for the KyHorsepower fall meet!!

I had a blast and didnt even race!!! Several people set personal best and I will let them list it here if they want. Some bettered their times by .40!!!!

Looking forward to the Spring event were Sally and I can both race with them.

Dirtyd0g
10-23-2011, 11:55 PM
Since I now not only have a car running (still desperately needs some love in the tuning department) but a van (aka brown family bus) that can tow. I should be able to make more of these things. Next I need to get my own trailer. The loaner trailer while great to have needs some serious TLC.
Alan

Blown347
10-23-2011, 11:58 PM
Had a blast and nothing broke accept for the last run blew a intercooler tube. Sorry didn't get to say good bye to everyone. Sat in traffic for 2 hours up 75 north.

See you guys soon

Quik95SC
10-24-2011, 08:51 AM
As usual, Dawn and I had a blast meeting up with everybody that KY Crew really know how to make you feel welcome and at home.

I would like to give a special thanks to Sally and Anthony for surprising me with a One of a kind 2011 SC/XR7 Shootout Track Champion Jacket. I was completely blown away and totally surprised by it. It really means a lot that you guys care so much, sorry I forgot the trophies! Doh! Thanks again.

Now for the other good news...............Drum Roll please................
a new personal best by a long shot!

Air was great, special thanks to Chris Vining for helping with the Transmission tuning and tweaking a few things in the shift point.
New best:

12.214 @ 113 MPH! Previous best was a 12.57 at the shootout this year.

Certainly not mind blowingly fast, but for a tired 6 year old MPIII and my car I was very pleased and shocked!

Had a great time and congrats to others with new PB.

Look forward to seeing everyone in the spring!

Take care,
James & Dawn

KYSal
10-24-2011, 09:55 AM
As usual, Dawn and I had a blast meeting up with everybody that KY Crew really know how to make you feel welcome and at home.

I would like to give a special thanks to Sally and Anthony for surprising me with a One of a kind 2011 SC/XR7 Shootout Track Champion Jacket. I was completely blown away and totally surprised by it. It really means a lot that you guys care so much, sorry I forgot the trophies! Doh! Thanks again.

Now for the other good news...............Drum Roll please................
a new personal best by a long shot!

Air was great, special thanks to Chris Vining for helping with the Transmission tuning and tweaking a few things in the shift point.
New best:

12.214 @ 113 MPH! Previous best was a 12.57 at the shootout this year.

Certainly not mind blowingly fast, but for a tired 6 year old MPIII and my car I was very pleased and shocked!

Had a great time and congrats to others with new PB.

Look forward to seeing everyone in the spring!

Take care,
James & Dawn

;)
Had a great time, wait til you see the pics of Jamison...OMG!

Quik95SC
10-24-2011, 10:16 AM
;)
Had a great time, wait til you see the pics of Jamison...OMG!

Looking forward to them................Now get your homework done!!

DrFishbone
10-24-2011, 12:09 PM
New best: 12.214 @ 113 MPH! Previous best was a 12.57 at the shootout this year.

Congrats Smitty! That's impressive to me!

Great seeing you guys again! If it weren't for having to wait "in traffic" at the track :rolleyes: It would have been a close to perfect event. :)

I made 3 runs (two were in the middle of the day, resulting in 160F ACT's :rolleyes:, plus passenger), but still managed to do well, and when it cooled down around 6:30pm, ran my new personal best.

13.431 @ 101.7mph
13.341 @ 102.0mph
13.067 @ 103.9mph

All three runs were with very un-impressive 60's of 1.8s-1.9s. I'm sure I could have made my goal last night, but I needed to get the gang home. They all enjoyed the event thoroughly as well.

ScrapSC
10-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Looking forward to them................Now get your homework done!!

There ya go!!! Tell her Smitty!!!

David Neibert
10-24-2011, 05:33 PM
Kathy and I just got back home and got everything unloaded. We had a great time and really enjoyed seeing everyone again. I also got a new personal best (with me driving) my 91 SC. I ran 10.92 @ 126.70 with a full interior including the factory spare tire and jack.

Chris Vinning was a big help with giving me the quick refresher course on how to datalog the passes, reading my datalogs and making minor changes. Don't worry Dave the only thing we changed was the cooling fan settings. The car ran absolutely perfect on 6 passes with varying degrees of traction and constantly changing race conditions. After reviewing the datalogs from the first four passes and seeing almost identical info each time, I was sastisfied that everything was fine and put the stupid computer away for the last couple passes. Worst pass was a traction limited 11.123 @ 126.47 and almost every other pass was a 10.92 or a 10.93.

Oh yeah I qualified for the quickest 32 cars in True Street, but since I was one of the slowest cars in the class (11.09 cutoff) I had to race a 9.5 second pick-up truck and was eliminated in the first round.

After being eliminated I decided to remove the passenger seat and spare tire to see if I could snag a 10.8XX for the last run of the evening in the Test & Tune class. It launched real hard and pulled my best 60ft of the day (1.602)and felt real strong going down the track, and I was certian I was going to see a 10.8 timeslip....but it actually ran a little slower with a 10.93 @ 126.15 :( so I decided to call it quits and have a beer.

This is our second time attending and we will most certianly be back next year. Big Thanks to Anthony & Sally Arnond for hosting this.

David

SCrazy
10-24-2011, 08:06 PM
We just got home.....phew I'm beat. Lots of traffic and rain in a bunch of spots all the way home.

All I have to say is....I LOVE KENTUCKY!!!!

Day started out great with a new best 11.310 at 120.1 mph. I was estatic but I didn't get a data log so I really wasn't sure what the car was doing even though it felt great.

I managed to run three more 11.30s as the day went on and I was catching alot of ribbing about how 11.30 must be getting boring but I was still walking around with a big ~~~~ eating grin on my face. The fourth pass I finally got a data log and noticed the car was not getting nearly the timing I was commanding even with ECTs right at 180 and ACTs around 90. Chris Vining compared my tune to his and we found a couple of spark tables that were a little different and even though we weren't really sure what the table did we made the changes.

Evening was setting in and things were cooling off so I decided to make one last past and was thrilled to run 11.27 @ 117 even though I short shifted first gear by almost 1000rpm.

When I got back to the pits I decided I just had to make one more pass knowing I messed up the shift. Ran a 11.174 @ 121.044!!

Everybody wanted me to strip out my interior and try again but it was getting late and my head was barely fitting in my helmet as it was. One of those magic days where everything was going right.

To top it all off Sally managed to snap a couple pictures of my car launching with a front tire off the ground...definately a bad a$$ launch for a 1.64 60' time.

Congrats to Matt, James & David who all also posted personal best times and a big thanks to the Arnolds for hosting us we had a great time.

Didn't get to say goodbye to Matt or Lazzo, sorry I missed you guys.

There is no doubt I'll be going back to Kentucky!!!

ScrapSC
10-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Yeh Kurt and I took off running at Oatway when he got back from the 11.17 run yelling for him to pull the seat and see what else we could jerk out that was loose in the car!!!! Brian had a look on his face that was hilarious... :D

KYSal
10-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Well let me just say, I am STILL talking about this weekend!!! (And I still don't want to do homework...ugh) Even though the green machine is STILL in the garage, we have a better idea of what's been going on with the *@#&)@. BIG thanks to CHRIS V for coming down and taking a look at it.

There were a lot, I'll repeat a LOT of impressive cars there this weekend. It slowed down the amount of runs "our crew" could make but it was worth it as each passed proved a better time for a lot of them. It was a lot of fun sharing those moments with everyone.

I'm really glad I got a chance to talk/visitwith everyone more this time around and it's true Chris V. DOES have a wife...I meet her. Hopefully, Stephanie attends more events in the upcoming years.

It was nice to be pitted right behind the bleachers so we all could be more involved with watching the passes while talking while the guys pitted.

Seriously, for Neibert to acheive his goal of 10's was awwwwesome!!! Then to witness Smitty, Matt and Oatway shaving between 3 & 4 tenth's off their times was unheard of. ChrisV. DOES actually have car trouble on occasion and I have proof. Of course the WarBird just get attention all the way around and rightfully so.

Glad everyone had a good time, because I had a BLAST! Can't wait for Spring!!

Sal

Kurt K
10-24-2011, 10:51 PM
I had a great time this weekend, except for the poorly marked detour for our return on west-bound I-64....the spot where I knew there was an exit to get onto north I-65 was closed! Then there was a small detour sign I think at an exit only lane for 9th street.

The car got back into the 11's, after never getting there at the Shootout. I ran three 11.9s and one 11.84, with terrible traction. There are a ton of little things that I could do to my car that could help, just not sure where to start.

On my first qualifying pass, I staged first, then my opponent staged, I raised my rpms to about 2900 as usual (waiting for the lights to go) and the other guy rolled through the lights....I guess the local Mustang got a redo. Because of all of that, my starting ACT was 134 :eek: It dropped to 114 by the end of 1st, but started climbing back up as soon as I hit 2nd.

Dirtyd0g
10-25-2011, 12:54 AM
Next year I will try to do better about getting there early. I have a problem where I get me ready to go on time, but nobody else that is going with me is ready.
Alan

BLOWN38
10-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Congrats to everyone that got their new best! We had fun and the day wasn't hectic, which was nice. Everything was going well for everyone. Just turn on the computers and check make sure everything is running ok and tweek some things here and there.

Lazzo needs some 28" tall tires! And I need to get to MIR and see if I have traction problems there, to see if I need to make a change myself.

Looking forward to check out all the pictures you got, Sally.

KYSal
10-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Congrats to everyone that got their new best! We had fun and the day wasn't hectic, which was nice. Everything was going well for everyone. Just turn on the computers and check make sure everything is running ok and tweek some things here and there.

Lazzo needs some 28" tall tires! And I need to get to MIR and see if I have traction problems there, to see if I need to make a change myself.

Looking forward to check out all the pictures you got, Sally.

Well maybe minus one or two...you were going 'backwards" :D

Ira R.
10-25-2011, 12:48 PM
So glad to hear everyone had a great time and the cars ran better than ever! I'm told my vacation was great but next time I'm spending it in KY!!! You guys had WAAAY more fun than I did.

Ira

DrFishbone
10-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Evening was setting in and things were cooling off so I decided to make one last past and was thrilled to run 11.27 @ 117 even though I short shifted first gear by almost 1000rpm.

When I got back to the pits I decided I just had to make one more pass knowing I messed up the shift. Ran a 11.174 @ 121.044!!

That's awesome Brian! :D Almost wish I could be in with the spectators now! We need to do some test-n-tunes where the track isn't quite so busy and really figure out what our cars can do. :)

KYSal
10-25-2011, 03:08 PM
So glad to hear everyone had a great time and the cars ran better than ever! I'm told my vacation was great but next time I'm spending it in KY!!! You guys had WAAAY more fun than I did.

Ira

YAY!!!
Can't wait then!

David Neibert
10-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Sally,

Who was the guy that arrived at the track in a helicopter ?

David

Dirtyd0g
10-29-2011, 12:13 PM
I heard a little about it. They said he was the guy driving one of the corvette's but I don't remember the name.
Alan

ScrapSC
10-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Sally,

David

That would be Mr. Kinzer. He is 83 years old and hammers on the cars at the track!!! He owned the white double stacker trailer outfit sitting next to the staging lanes. He had two vettes and the Cobalt there. He also owns the yellow Mustang that set a new speed record...

http://www.stangtv.com/news/willard-kinzer-grabs-super-street-natl-record-in-ex-wolfe-mustang/

http://www.stangtv.com/news/still-stock-style-suspension-83-year-old-kinzer-runs-6-59-239-mph/

KYSal
11-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Sally,

David

Kinser? I think...

David Neibert
11-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Ran across the track photographer's website today. If your car isn't shown just email them your car number and they will post what they have.

http://elementalimages.smugmug.com/Horsepower-1/KYHP-Fall-Shootout-2011/19762270_cLfm6b#1552424752_M4rH6NW

David