Seats Recovered

Tommy Turbo

Since I couldn't find any old seats in decent shape,I had mine recovered. I will post up some pics tomorrow, but they turned out great! New Gray Leather.

It cost $950 total. I took the seats out and dropped them at the shop, and picked them back up. here are some pics.
DCP_4411.jpg

DCP_4410.jpg

DCP_4409.jpg

DCP_4408.jpg

DCP_4407.jpg

DCP_4406.jpg

DCP_4405.jpg

DCP_4404.jpg

DCP_4403.jpg

DCP_4402.jpg

Oh my god those are sexy. Gotta love california and the skills those upholstery places have. I would love to get mine done for my car. Whats the shops name, id they only do the fronts?

I hope they stay like that after the leather shriks a little bit. I want to get some 89-91 done so it has the big bolsters.

They match the back pretty close, did my best to find a leather sample with a close grain and color as possible. They look more accurate in the pics inside the house, the pics outside in the car they look lighter than they are. The seat panels with the switches were kinda ruff shape, and found some really nice ones in the junkyard, but they are a slightly lighter gray.

The shop I took them to is called Superior Upholstery and is located in Lancaster California. The guy who runs the shop had an 89 SC, and we talked for a few when I picked up the seats. They did a great job I think. They did a convertible top on one of my other cars a few years ago and was very pleased with their work then too.

The leather feels so nice and rich, compared to the old ford leather. They feel more grippy when I get in and out. I'm gonna go over them with some leather wipes next weekend.

Now I just need to do the headliner and the interior will be all done.

Very nice, I would like to do the same thing, one of these days.

Very plushy, looks like you could almost sleep in them. :p

Possibly the nicest re-upholstery job I've ever seen on an SC seat. Definitely give the guy who did the job a big thumbs up. Price is excellent too.

Back