ecu interchange?

aroot1

SCCoA Member
Hey,
I've got an 89, and am working on getting a stock 95 blower/inlet with port work. I've already got over drive pully/jackshaft (15% total) higher strength tensioners, double intercooler w/fan, 75 t-body and full flowmaster exhaust with stock 89 blower. Currently the heads r being surfaced, and a comp. valvejob/bowl blend r being done. I also need new injectors, SO my
Question:

R the early 89-92 ecu's for 30# injector a direct plug and play swap for the late 93-95 for 36#s? Is it the right way to go to control a larger injector? I have a set of 42#s from a modified mustang project and was thinking, 42#s, swap computers and an aftermarket massair meter with correc calb. 4 injectors. What massair meter would b best? Is there a better way to do this?
I would love to use the 42#s cause I already have them, which would to my twisted way of thinking make the massair to match free! I would also b looking for an MP inlet, and roller rockers w/higher ratio in the future so believe the injectors will b needed, or am I out in left field here?
Thanks 4 any input/suggestions
Adam

Not a direct swap for the ECU's, especially if not tuning the car which really should be done. Using calibration tubes on a C&L MAF is old school, and can actually cause issues since it throws out spark control in the part throttle range.

Do it right the first time and get yourself a Quarterhorse and at least a base tune for your setup until you get the software, laptop etc to tune yourself.

Fraser

Ok,
so the ecu is not an option, just thought 36# might support the mods I have/planned, and would have been good w an ecu programed 4 36#s, or would require less "lying" to the computer with 42#s and a C&L w/tube if they were interchangable. How bad is the C&L option, and how hard is the quarterhorse stuff to work with? I am not a computer guy, and not looking for the last .001 or 1mph at the track, so don't expect to b tuning the car on a daily basis.

Ok,
so the ecu is not an option, just thought 36# might support the mods I have/planned, and would have been good w an ecu programed 4 36#s, or would require less "lying" to the computer with 42#s and a C&L w/tube if they were interchangable. How bad is the C&L option, and how hard is the quarterhorse stuff to work with? I am not a computer guy, and not looking for the last .001 or 1mph at the track, so don't expect to b tuning the car on a daily basis.

Two suggestions. If you're going to try to tune yourself, work hard on your grammar and spelling.

The computer is an absolute idiot, and clear specification is a MUST.

Second - if you're not that interested in tuning yourself, talk to the tuners here (Dave Dalke comes to mind) and see what they charge for a pre-done box tune.

RwP

Back