PDA

View Full Version : transmission problems

Samuel
10-26-2011, 12:08 AM
Hi everyone .I just recently purchased a 90 SC with very low miles .I drove it home which is about 50 miles and the transmission shifted real smooth into overdrive. now the overdrive will not kick in .i checked the fluid level and seems ok . are there any sensors that help it shift into OD .any help will be appreciated.

Dirtyd0g
10-26-2011, 02:47 AM
Check the throttle body for a broken grommet and replace it if broken before the car moves another inch.
Alan

Samuel
10-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Check the throttle body for a broken grommet and replace it if broken before the car moves another inch.
Alan

ive been driving with no overdrive will i burn the tranny out ?the grommet was missing does it need readjusting? thanx

Dirtyd0g
10-26-2011, 11:28 PM
It could, it should still be in adjustment get that bushing on before you drive it again.
Alan

the-big-e
10-27-2011, 08:33 AM
The brass bushings and clips are still available from Ford......

They are not SC specific.....

Tell them that you are looking for a replacement grommet for the TV cable for an LX AOD transmission....

They will come in a pack of 4....

Dirtyd0g
10-27-2011, 07:28 PM
I get the sonnax ones they come in a pack of 3 and then I break them up and sell them individually. I tried getting the ford ones but they never have them in stock here.
Alan