Megasquirt??

slick59

Does anyone have any experience with Megasquirt, I have been tempted to try and do a PCM swap with a Megasquirt but with the 94 I am not sure if it will run the tranny solenoids or not. It is really tempting to try but would like some input. It looks like you can do quite a bit with the tune.

Tim

MS is strictly an EMS and will not support transmissions. The more expensive EMS such as Holley Dominator EFI, Fast XFI, and BigStuff 3, have transmission control. As far as tuning and datalogging goes, it's definitely steps above the factory EEC. It has a 16x16 VE table and you can even keep an SD memory card in and it will save any datalogs that saves them based on how you have datalogging triggered.

Pretty sure I'm doing an MSIII over the winter. You can either do it from scratch or use the DIS and factory coil for ignition.

http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/EDIS.htm

I've looked into megasquirt, but at the time, it was still considered old technology. It's cool, and has been updated, but the EEC-IV with the Qharterhorse chip is a better solution if you need ignition and fuel control. There are some advanced functions that megasquirt will support that isn't built into the EEC-IV. (launch control, integrated nitros controller, open control strategy)

Back