need honest opinons....

talonhead

Since I must cut my console to clear the shifter, I was thinking of polishing a piece of aluminum, having it engraved then forming it to fit the console where it angles up at the ash tray and affixing it to the console top in some sturdy fashon. Here are a couple of pics of a pattern that I'm working with. (engraving not settled on yet, other than the H-pattern and the border groove). I have a peice of 1/8" alum. that is in good shape. What do ya think?
MikeH

Attachments

• console 1.jpg
    console 1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 168
  • console 2.jpg
    console 2.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Numbers diagram is too large and wide. The shifter should have the numbers or maybe a small one to the side or corner of the plate.

Numbers diagram is too large and wide. The shifter should have the numbers or maybe a small one to the side or corner of the plate.

As I am reusing my M5R2 handle/knob, maybe I can recover the knob and tool in a the "H" pattern on the new cover.
Looks like I've got plenty of time to goof around today. This noreaster is dumping some nasty stuff! I'm near the coast and it's starting to stick to the driveway. trucks and yard are already white. Ricardo, how's it in your area?
MikeH

not really sticking in my town. But up north there was a few inches of the heavy slippery stuff. The versatrac on the truck kicked on at 60mph. So its crummy.

Rough cut with ink..

OK, I got it rough cut and semi polished. Used a ultra-fine sharpy to draw the design (still not decided on final look). What do you think?

Attachments

• DSCF1357.JPG
    DSCF1357.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCF1369.jpg
    DSCF1369.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCF1361.JPG
    DSCF1361.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 126
I just noticed the difference in where these lines come together and wanted to mention it in case it was accidental. Looks cool.

Attachments

• DSCF1361.JPG
    DSCF1361.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 94
My suggestions is to put a small bevel on the plate all around it about half the thickness of the metal. It will give it a finished look. Otherwise the plate will stick up 1/8" and look unfinished. Otherwise I think it is great looking

Ken

I just noticed the difference in where these lines come together and wanted to mention it in case it was accidental. Looks cool.

It's just a work-up, trying to get the final look nailed down.
The wife likes the bird filled in (different style) and just the outline of the SC letters filled in along with thw border.

Ken, Good idea. I was thinking about that today.

Young-SC-Owner, This has been an on-going project for over 2 yrs. now. Check out the thread "T56 Install" started by ThunderGodRacin in the Technical forum. I've tried to keep it up to date on my progress.

Thanks for the comments guys.
MikeH

I agree with ricardo. Shift pattern diagram is too wide, unless you are not going with the T56 and using a dump truck tranny! Narrow up the shift diagram and it will be sexy

I like it....I'm not sure if a narrower shift pattern design would look better or not...might goof the proportions....do another drawing before you cut it to see if you like it or not.....Dan

I like it.................................but, I don't like it better than if you just bevelled the surrounding edge and painted it as close as possible to the black plastic (flat, satin?) But I can appreciate it.

Back