going to national trail raceway tomorrow

One of those things that makes you scratch your head and then when you figure out what it is DOOOOHHHHHH (homer simpson). :)

Well, not tooooooo shabby. Started the day with a 12.05, made some tweaks to the 2 step and backed that up with an 11.85 with a 1.99 60ft and 11.83 with a 1.88 60ft. Dropped the tires down to 10psi and did a few more passes with mistakes, rolled the tree early, almost put it in other lane once. Then they laid some prep and I went back at it. 1.70 60ft, missed second gear. Redo with a 1.68 60ft, missed second gear, then a 1.67 60ft and missed second gear. Leaving off 2 step harder on those passes was sucking the gas pedal out from under my foot, and I have a feeling it was causing me to miss second, or I was just tired. Really woulda loved to get a solid pass with a 1.6, I think it would have ran 11.40's. Best trap speed was 121 I think, Id have to check slips. Oh, and I didnt break anything:cool:

Kevin had a rough day. After running 20 sec 1/4's at 45 mph, maybe 46, he ended up using a tune he dug up from sometime before I was born and we thru 50% fuel at that and he let it rip. It wast a new best but impressive consisdering how the pass went. Ill let him tell it, he was behind the wheel.

Corey

Glad you getting that thing sorted out. What was the temperatures?

At 45-40 deg I could not get any traction.

as corey stated it was a rough day. could not get the car tuned in . finally got it richened up. running out of time to make a full pass i tuned it very rich (10.5 AFR) and took 4 degrees of timing out. figured play it safe. end result 10.56 at only 123. then found out the blower belt ended up coming together and rubbed against itself and ground it down to smooth. with all of that i was very excited with the time. but now the bad news. it also ate a rod bearing on that run . now my car keeps trying to tell me knock knock jokes. i didn't find any of them funny either!

i think with the cam sensor wrong it ended up wounding the bearings. as the timing was way wrong and everytime i changed oil i think more gas came out than oil.

Corey,

Congrats on the improvment. Not breaking anything is always a relief.

Kevin,

Sounds like you are having more than your share of tuning problems this year. 10.56 @ 123 with the issues you are describing, sounds real impressive. Hope the spun rod bearing didn't mess up too much other stuff in the motor.

David

It was a street night for me so I could only muster 1.9 60fts. I guess maybe the street cars were tearing up the track with the street tires.

Hope you can get your car ready for next season. I hope the bearing failure is not bad and you can just slap on a set of bearings. Sucks none the less. Still badazz that you pull 10s with ease. Good job.

i was not exagerating when i said ground smooth! actually worse than i thought.

Attachments

• 100_0119.jpg
    100_0119.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 136
Well, not tooooooo shabby. Started the day with a 12.05, made some tweaks to the 2 step and backed that up with an 11.85 with a 1.99 60ft and 11.83 with a 1.88 60ft. Dropped the tires down to 10psi and did a few more passes with mistakes, rolled the tree early, almost put it in other lane once. Then they laid some prep and I went back at it. 1.70 60ft, missed second gear. Redo with a 1.68 60ft, missed second gear, then a 1.67 60ft and missed second gear. Leaving off 2 step harder on those passes was sucking the gas pedal out from under my foot, and I have a feeling it was causing me to miss second, or I was just tired. Really woulda loved to get a solid pass with a 1.6, I think it would have ran 11.40's. Best trap speed was 121 I think, Id have to check slips. Oh, and I didnt break anything:cool:

Kevin had a rough day. After running 20 sec 1/4's at 45 mph, maybe 46, he ended up using a tune he dug up from sometime before I was born and we thru 50% fuel at that and he let it rip. It wast a new best but impressive consisdering how the pass went. Ill let him tell it, he was behind the wheel.

Corey

That's great stuff Corey! Shifting doesn't make it any easier but it sure keeps it interesting :D

Ira

Back