part number verification ?

anlo

okay friends would this be the correct part for changing manifold gasket FEL-PRO MS940451 Intake Manifold Gasket
i changed oil last night left it purposely low and it has risen and low coolant light appeared not what i wanted to see theres no water leaking extrnally so must be as matthews stated oil however looks good but i suppose the water sinks i am super afraid of this job may consider having it done but will probably cost as much as having h/g done.. as i stated in another post i reached in under thermo housing and pulled on somthing rubbery that must have been one of those soft short pieces in the picture, are those located on the front side? if so i pulled it out and that was where i originally located leak source that no longer leaks externally. please tell me im on the right track?? thanks

Attachments

• getimage.jpg
    getimage.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 33
The picture shows the right part.

As for the intake manifold end seal (what you pulled out), that may result in a small oil leak and maybe a slight vacuum leak, but would have no effect on the coolant.

The coolant would generally sink to the bottom, so pull the drain plug and see what comes out.

The intake manifold gaskets are not a fun job, but much less trouble than doing the HGs.

thats the same gasket set i used on my sc, not too hard to do with some gasket sealant. I just wiped off the surfaces where the gaskets set real good, than just dot the sealent all around the gaskets before sticking them to the manifold, after that I let them sit for quite some time so they don't move out of place when putting the intake back on. Those end rubber pieces do go on the end, they match up with the way the ends are shaped.

thanks

thanks for replying im still freaked out a little pull plug and let some out its hard to tell really it did look thin i let some pour into a glass to see any separation just cant tell ..water loss is surely not going on the ground so has to be going inward somehow.... especially wit oil level rising all of a sudden weird... i currently have no coolant in system just water. i dont have any overheating issues bubbles or loss of performance or white smoke so im trying to rule out head gaskets but if i decide to chunk out the cash to get head gaskets done for piece of mind wouldnt the job automatically call for intake manifold gaskets to be replaced anyway ?/ local shop calls for 11 hrs around 1500.00 for h/g job seems crazy but maybe better than another engine i dont know...i feel like taking to the stealership so any screw ups can be warranteed if re work is necessary.... again thanks for support in this matter

thanks for replying im still freaked out a little pull plug and let some out its hard to tell really it did look thin i let some pour into a glass to see any separation just cant tell ..water loss is surely not going on the ground so has to be going inward somehow.... especially wit oil level rising all of a sudden weird... i currently have no coolant in system just water. i dont have any overheating issues bubbles or loss of performance or white smoke so im trying to rule out head gaskets but if i decide to chunk out the cash to get head gaskets done for piece of mind wouldnt the job automatically call for intake manifold gaskets to be replaced anyway ?/ local shop calls for 11 hrs around 1500.00 for h/g job seems crazy but maybe better than another engine i dont know...i feel like taking to the stealership so any screw ups can be warranteed if re work is necessary.... again thanks for support in this matter

You're right, the intake gaskets must be replaced as part of the HG job anyway. The price you got sounds all right ... it's not an easy job! But it's a lot of cash, I know.

Back