no fuel injection pulse!!!

89wtSC

i just did a motor swap on a 89 sc 5 speed.. the motor came from a 90 sc automatic.. it seems like everything should be plug and play.. im not sure if i changed the engine wiring from the 89 motor to the 90, i will double check if i did or not and hopefully its the same, if anyone knows otherwise then please let me know.. i have plenty of spark and no fuel pressure or pulse.. i know that the pump is bad and i will have that prob fixed this week.. i already check fuses, relay, inersia switch.. however, IF i did have fuel pressure i still have no signal to the injectors.. i performed a noidlight test on both banks.. my question is where do the injectors get there signal from?? are they affected by something that is maybe not plugged in??

camsensor was recently changed..?? and the eecm of course..

i would appreciate any input at all... thanks

Attachments

• TB2.jpg
    TB2.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 90
  • TB13.jpg
    TB13.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 90
  • TB5.jpg
    TB5.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 88
  • GEDC0376.JPG
    GEDC0376.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 100
  • GEDC0377.JPG
    GEDC0377.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 93
Don't guess - pull the codes.

As well, be sure you didn't paint-block any grounds, such as the A/C mount to the engine.....

Last edited:
thanks for replying!.. My best friend who is a mechanic shop owner down the road from me.. he came by and we tried to get codes last night on the scanner but there was no data option.. i havent changed the crank sensor yet but it was running fine in the 1990 car, back when i bought i.. i changed the cam sensor to when i changed the water pump since it was only 28 bucks and i was right there.. the ignition module was changed when i first bought the car..
i also tested my grounds, with my volt meter and continuity, to make sure they were good.. i custom made all the ground straps, with some huge marine cables and custom crimped end with heat shrink, and dielectric. way overkill but why not! and they are all over the place..
ive been reading up and messing with it all day trying to find something i missed.. but electronic engine management in this car is so primitive that there is no talking to it and no tunability with out burning a chip... could i be missing something on the vacuum side of things?
Thanks again for the input!

Don't guess - pull the codes.

As well, be sure you didn't paint-block any grounds, such as the A/C mount to the engine.....

i did sand down the spot where the control module mounts, before final install.. lol.. picture is decieving.. i did all the paint myself with a lil help but i am not the best..HAHA.. i am a journeyman electrician by trade, and i know how important the grounding system is.. good call though we cleaned that up...
is ther something else i can use to pull the codes?? my friend used the snapon versus which is the latest and the greatest scanner.. he has an older model scanner which may read those older systems better.. im gonnna double check the crank sensor now..
thanks for the advice!

Back