Finally!!

TBirdSC89

:D:eek:I got fuel finally to my rail, only thing keeping my car from running, well not yet im still filling all the fluids first. I got the fuel pump hotwired from the test connector, and I know I'm probably asking this from older posts, but hotwiring the pump to work means that I have something thats preventing the pump from operating..I put in a new inertia switch from an sc, I had one in from an lx and I don't think those work with the sc motors..anyways does anyone have routes I can take to start narrowing down where my issue is..I've been looking for bad grounds for days now seeing if I left something disconnected. However, I do have something draining my battery, I unhooked the neg batt cable and used a test light, and I'm wondering what the heck would be shorting my car. I went through all fuses with the light, found the lights inside the car doing a little draining but not the real problem

fuel pump relay/saftey switch...

Have you checked the fuel pump relay and safety switch in the trunk? Maybe it needs reset.
MikeH

I thought I remember reading that if its not getting a signal from the crank (or is it the cam) sensor, it will not trigger the injectors or pump or something. Don't remember the just of it all.

Have you tried replacing the ignition switch? That screwed up a few things in my car including the fuel pump. The dealership replaced several parts and didn't figure it out..long story short..took 10k to find out a $10 part was broken!:mad:

-Fernando

yea im gonna look at the switch. i had that replaced right before i started rebuilding the top half of the motor. the way the system operates the fuel pump is kinda complex ive read it a few times and i still get lost. i think something is keeping the relay from working, same issue i had before. the cam and crank sensors are new still havent hardly had any miles on them. the mechanic who worked on this car 3 years ago said to check the eecm grounds and that the eecm might need to be replaced even. ive been looking at all the grounds, i must just be missing something

Back