rear bumper center support

Earl

On the rear bumper (89-93) of an SC, there should be a plastic support piece, in the center, to keep the bumper from sagging. I am missing this piece, and it is long obsolete, and nobody seems to have one they want to sell, or that is not broken.

Also, one of the plastic tabs that run along the bottom of the bumper cover to support the bottom section, is broken. Has anybody ever come up with a solution to support the entire bottom section of the rear bumper cover?

thanks

I have a spare one, dusty and scrapped, but otherwise no holes or cracks, in my garage.. $8 shipped? PM me if interested.

As for the outer edges, I just use nylon cord looped through the eyelets and whatever I can get it tied to on the frame. Held up for 10+ years.

i have a spare one, dusty and scrapped, but otherwise no holes or cracks, in my garage.. $8 shipped? Pm me if interested.

As for the outer edges, i just use nylon cord looped through the eyelets and whatever i can get it tied to on the frame. Held up for 10+ years.

i too am in need of one of those pieces, anyone else have one laying aroung????

Let me know

Also, one of the plastic tabs that run along the bottom of the bumper cover to support the bottom section, is broken. Has anybody ever come up with a solution to support the entire bottom section of the rear bumper cover?

thanks

I was planning on trying to use that 3m Bumper tape in small strips to reconnect the tabs. I've heard its supposed to be practically permanent. I just haven't had time to do it, was thinking about this weekend. If I end up doing it I'll let you know how it looks.

Back