quick question about a tool

It doesn't work very well if at all. They are not made very well, and that causes too loose of a fit with both your tool, and the caliper. Better ones are from Lysle tool.

I see, well I'm glad I asked first.

I was trying to keep it ultra-cheap. However those other kits are very nice, that might be my best option.

Thanks for the input fellas.

Bryce

your auto parts tore say advance or autozone maybe even oreilys will loan it to you for 12 dollars and you get the money back when you bring the tool back

your auto parts tore say advance or autozone maybe even oreilys will loan it to you for 12 dollars and you get the money back when you bring the tool back

True, that is always a nice option to have. However I did rent a set of spring compressors and they were absolute garbage, lol two of the four safety pins were missing. I'm sure this tool would be just fine to rent.

I have the exact set and use it all the time. Not usre if mine is the same brand it could be harbor freight for all I know. I think I bought it from the quality craft tool truck which is similar to harbor freight quality.
Alan

Yea, I think I'm going to keep an eye over on the auctions for a bit and try and find a good price on one of those.

I dunno about supercoupes, because i haven't had to change the rears yet, but on my mark viii those worthless cubes WILL NOT even fit on the caliper piston. I tried it once then had to change some rear brake pads again a few years later and tried the cube again only to discover once again what a piece of junk it is.

Moral of the story: THOSE CUBES WON"T WORK AND ARE JUNK.........end of rant

I dunno about supercoupes, because i haven't had to change the rears yet, but on my mark viii those worthless cubes WILL NOT even fit on the caliper piston. I tried it once then had to change some rear brake pads again a few years later and tried the cube again only to discover once again what a piece of junk it is.

Moral of the story: THOSE CUBES WON"T WORK AND ARE JUNK.........end of rant

Pretty sure mine ended up in the trash can too.

David

I ground off the intruding protrusions and then used the cube, but it was still hardly worth the trouble.

If you have vise-grip needle-nose pliers, it's a good bit better than just plain needle-nose.

Yes..the cube is a turd. :mad:

Are you talking about a tool to compress the piston? If so; I just use a large C-clamp and it works great plus it's cheap and you can use it for other things

Back