Polished Underdrive PUlley ?

91BLOWNBIRD

While installing my new polished underdrives I have noticed that the back of the new Alt pulley is flat, thus causing it to butt against the alt and not allowing it to spin freely once bolted down.

What are some solutions for this? My stock ratio aluminum pulley had a built in washer behind it that extended into the alt shaft sleeve which gave it clearance, so I was thinking of just getting a thick washer/bushing for it...

Washer trick didn't work for me because I only got about half a turn on the nut which is probably not good. So like many others, I just took a dremel to the lip of the alt. Just run some duct tape around the holes in the alt to keep debris out and grind away.

Washer trick didn't work for me because I only got about half a turn on the nut which is probably not good. So like many others, I just took a dremel to the lip of the alt. Just run some duct tape around the holes in the alt to keep debris out and grind away.

I did this and a small washer.

David

wow okay I'll do that...just kinda feel that if you spend $300 on an item, then it should work without having to modify this way...but that is a supercoupe for ya I guess

thanks

wow okay I'll do that...just kinda feel that if you spend $300 on an item, then it should work without having to modify this way...but that is a supercoupe for ya I guess

thanks

I agree, it should have included a spacer washer for the alternator pulley.

David

Back