I want to Bypass my A.B.S.

mc94xr7

I did some research on here. I have a 94 XR7. I blew a line on my left front. I also noticed that the A.B.S. Module is just friggin right rusted out (The connection block is unusable is so dickered with extreme rust). I have no use for A.B.S. and want to remove the A.B.S. Module and redo all the lines. I keep hearing that You Can't Bypass it. I do believe that you can. I think the 1st step would be to get a fluid reservoir from a Non A.B.S. MN12 and go from there. has anyone Swapped a non A.B.S. into an MN12 that came with A.B.S? 93 and later?:eek:

Last edited:
There are a few threads on this if you search. Think you need the master cylinder off from a police package Crown Vic and the low profile vacuum booster from a t-bird.

For the late model ABS all you need to do is pull out the big relay box, tie the two fronts together, tie the two backs together and reconnect to the front and rear circuits on the factory master cylendar.....no mus no fuss.

Could pickup a whole control assembly used as well, but yes, most threads you will find here are for the older abs system. the one in the 93/94/95 cars is separate from the master cylinder and as such can be eliminated completely through some re-plumbing of the brake lines.

I'm having 2nd thoughts on this project. i'm just going to tow her to a shop to fix the leak. and replace whatever lines need replacing. I don't have anymore time.

I build replacement lines, I am leary of shops they like to use compression fittings. It is best to do it yourself unless you know someone who can do it right.
Alan

well... the shop doesn't want to work on her. they say that they can't get her on the hoist. I hink I may need to scrap my baby.:( I had her for 9.5 years. I put in a carbbed 351W and a 5speed in her. man... I want to get a similar black 94 cougar but I doubt m spouse will be very supportive since we need to save for a house. this sucks.:(

Back