blow off valve

808bird

wassup guys,

anyone know if you can put a blow off valve on the charger? i just think that it would sound really cool.

Are you Serious?............

No, you can't feasably install a blow off valve on your SC. It's already equiped with a bypass valve, and just plain wouldn't work. A supercharger is setup very different from a turbo. Anyway, wouldn't you rather listen to blower whine?

Thomas

Amen to that!! In fact, I was thinking of having a decal made for my car that reads: "Supercharger whine makes me horny." (By the way, that's trademarked, copyrighted, patented, etc., etc., etc. So if anyone of you wants to use it, you must pay me royalties :p ).

Thomas A said:
Are you Serious?............

No, you can't feasably install a blow off valve on your SC. It's already equiped with a bypass valve, and just plain wouldn't work. A supercharger is setup very different from a turbo. Anyway, wouldn't you rather listen to blower whine?

Thomas
Yes you can, but why would you want to? The system already has one, it just does'nt vent off to the atmosphere it is recurculated in the system. With a engine management system that uses a MAF you must reciurculate the vented pressure[air] back into the system. The only engine management system that allows you to vent to the atmosphere is a speed density system and you would have to change the sensors and the ECU to use that system.

Back