drivers window

threebyfour

I'm not sure if this question has been asked, i did a quick search and did'nt find it, so here go'es,, I've got a silver 91 sc 5spd and the drivers window wont roll down on it's own,I can depress the button and hear the motor working but the window itself wont move without help. It will roll down if you help it along. I took off the door panel and didnt see anything out of place. Has this happened to anyone else? any help is greatly appriciated! Thanks , Dan in tumwater.

Sounds like you need a new window regulator. There are plastic gears inside that have probably worn down. Its ironic actually because i'm having this exact problem on the drivers window of MY 91 silver 5spd :rolleyes: Hope you get it fixed!

just out of couriosity ... what are the miles on you're car ? Im wondering if some of the same demons inhabit your bird.lol

This is actually fairly common on these cars.

There's a thread on TCCoA about replacing those - complete with the Dorman part numbers.

BTW - RockAuto has VDO part #s WL43002 and WL43003 on closeout sale - new motors for our cars. For as long as they last (the stock, I mean!)

RwP

its got about 167xxx. The teeth in mine have worn out so bad that it won't even budge now. Just glad its up and not down :)

I love having a boyfriend that works at a body shop. Not only does he change window motors/regulators all day long, but his boss can find any part needed and get a discount on it :)

Send him over, beer is on me lol! Thanks for the heads up everybody, I love my sc even tho it drives me nuts sometimes, until i mash the throttle then all is forgiven. Found the part online now just have to find time :)

I just fixed the same problem, the little rubber 'slip clutch' inside the gears fell apart. I just used some playdough like epoxy in place of the broken rubber pieces, and smushed everything together, let it set up and I'm back in business, just remember to let go of the switch when it gets up/down.

Back