Power window ideas....anyone have any thoughts?

skydivr7673

OK, mine's a 1995 5-speed....

I already have to take apart the drivers door for the usual regulator issue. But there are two things I would like to see....and I was hoping that someone here may have solutions.

first, it seems like all the vehicles from the 1990s have slow window motors. With newer cars, the windows go up and down faster. Has anyone found, maybe, a newer window motor that would work on our cars? Or another solution?

Second, I would like to see if I could make the windows one-touch down and up like newer vehicles. I know these are not major issues but I would like to find a way to make them happen on my SC. Any thoughts on this one? Thanks in advance.

The MN12, from my experiance, has a very robust window regulator, compared to newer cars. The windows, when everything is properly lubricated, and working as it should, should raise and lower, especially lower, very, very quickly.

As for auto down one touch, you can accomplish this by using an auto down relay from an early 90s Taurus. I think the Mark VIII had the same thing, but their module was red, not black, and the taurus piece is just easier to come by. I have one touch auto down on both driver and passenger windows.

Auto up is also possible, if you have another relay from a taurus...wire it the same but with the up wire instead of the down. I don't know if you could accomplish both up and down with one module...I have asked, I have been told no, I never actually tried it though. Auto down is nice, and it is easy to add.

could you by chance explain how to wire this up? After I posted, I did find some of the modules from a buddy...I have four of them and they are black. Just not sure how to splice them in.

Virtually all of the power window motors are interchangeable from one Ford to another in the same years. If the motor came from a 90's Taurus, Crown Vic, or Mustang, it'll fit our cars. Mine are supposed to be for a Taurus and they are fast. Some of those slow motors are just old and wornout and need brushes. I've got several, the gears and rollers are good but the motor has no torque.

Back