PDA

View Full Version : Buying my second SC tonight...

HappyChappy
11-16-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm so excited, I just can't hide it! you know how that song goes. Can't wait to drive it home and then start going over everything to figure out what I need to fix first, hahaha.
I had a 1990 white SC back in 99-2001 or so and enjoyed it, I've been wanting to get another one to play with and finally found a great one to start with!
I know these things, as do all older cars, have many issues and little quirks to work on, so that is to be expected. I know I'm taking to it get the ball joints fixed tomorrow, don't want them breaking on my while driving! Then the interior is next issue, leather is torn up, need to find seat covers that fit those bolsters, any suggestions??
I'm going to look for replacement seats at junkyards too, but for now need the covers. The rear seat and the drivers are horrible, the passenger seat is great, haha.

anyways, its Red 1990 with black leather and a rebuilt engine and new cats and tires. So I couldn't pass it up!

I'll post later this week with pics and stuff. Just wanted to say hey guys!

SuperCoupe007
11-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Congrats!!!! Where abouts in southern california are you at? Is it automatic or a 5 speed? and share LOTS of pictures with us.

Mine is OLD news, but I am still trying to find the time to put her back together, and hear her WHINING :p

So besides fixing all the little issues, what are your plans for modifications?
:)

HappyChappy
11-17-2011, 04:36 PM
THANKS! It drove great coming home from LA, I'm in Costa Mesa.

I've got it at the shop getting checked out right now, guys are thinking all new arms up front and bushings and stuff, so suspensions the first fix. The oil housing was leaking badly, so that is being replaced. Then of course, the harmonic balancer needs replacing. So I'm looking at a quick $1000+ for this already!!

Once I get back on my feet financialy after xmas. I'll be opening it up more to breath. Intake kit with maybe a larger MAF and TB, depending on costs, and still haven't decided if I want to focus on speed. But definitly a cold air intake kit and then the flowmasters are a must. I had them on my last one and the sound is great!

Then I'll add the speedsters or Cobra R rims at somepoint and a fresh paint job. I want a smooth looking SC, no more street racing for me or anything, but want to have the car running well and want to keep it for a long time.

Pics to come this weekend, shops got it today and tomorrow for the suspension issues!

HappyChappy
11-17-2011, 04:38 PM
oh and its AUTO, i'm a wuss and never learned stick, could if I had to but nahhh.

And the whine is my favorite part, can't wait to get the intake installed, just buying the $60 one from Ebay, what do you have in there? Any special "SC" one I should look towards or will the basic one work fine?

decipha
11-17-2011, 07:28 PM
keep in mind those ebay CAI kits yank air from underneath by the front passenger tire, if you just so happen to cruise through a puddle of water you can hydrolock the engine and spat rods.

I speak from experience

just remove the air silencer and be done with it.. free cheap

HappyChappy
11-18-2011, 04:08 PM
Yeah I have had them in the past, drainage out here is pretty nice, but maybe I'll go with the shorter one that doesnt go down by wheel well. I'd hate to have something bad happen just because I was trying to get the engine some slightly colder air....

Thanks for the reply

HappyChappy
11-20-2011, 09:39 PM
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123043