Need Measurement for Turbo Headers

JT's03

Making a custom set of turbo headers and cross over that would fit a thunderbird. So whats the measurement from the header stud on the head side to the pass side shock tower? Also what other spots are tight to consider? Pics would be great if you got any.

I got a message on a local board of a guy wanting me to quote him a price on building a hotside for a 95 sc with splitport swap.

Making a custom set of turbo headers and cross over that would fit a thunderbird. So whats the measurement from the header stud on the head side to the pass side shock tower? Also what other spots are tight to consider? Pics would be great if you got any.

I got a message on a local board of a guy wanting me to quote him a price on building a hotside for a 95 sc with splitport swap.

Why don't you just buy this turbo kit that's already made for a thunderbird with a split port swap.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122453

David

Last edited:
I'm building it myself, gives me something to do and funds my car build. I've built 8 hotside kits and have enoguh left over piping to build 2 more kits. Just finished a race setup for my car and starting on another first of the month.

Some of you may have seen my build on v6p...

http://photobucket.com/JTsTurboBuild

you would really need the car to be there. mustang headers will not fit. they hit the shock tower. you need to get 1-5/8ths primary tubing, mandrel bent. you will need 6 90's, or 3 180 bends 4 45 degree bends, and about a foot or two of straight pipe for misc extensions of the primary tubes. have them face straight forward, but down at a slight angle to clear the alternator, yet go above the power steering pump. there really isn't much room to get around the accessories in the SC like there is in a mustang.

either that, or use stock t-bird 96/97 exhaust manifolds (steel tube style), and weld v-bands onto those, and run the hot side under the engine cradle up to a single turbo.

I've got a few different ways to build the headers. Anybody care to run out to their car and grab me a measurement please? Need the pass side from bottom of valve cover where the head begins to the shock tower and the most narrow point. I'm guessing the is roughlly 4.5" of clearance there.

$700 for the headers, crossover, and wg dump. $750 to clear ac, and $25 for an ac and ac bracket delete (tensioner basiclly)

Back