Auto vs Manual

r1dd1ck913

OK so I have been told that is some differences between the auto an manual cars. Well I would like to confirm what the differences are.
Stuff like is the brakes different at all. Is there any differences in the half shafts or sway bars. Any body knows anything It would help a lot. Thanks

well first off the 89-93 auto's had a 3.27 trac-lock diff and the manual's got a 2.73 open diff. the 94-95 auto's got a 3.27 open diff with traction control and the manual's got 2.73 trac-lock and no traction control. no difference in auto vs. manual brakes or sway bars

well first off the 89-93 auto's had a 3.27 trac-lock diff and the manual's got a 2.73 open diff.

89 thu 93 Supercoupes and or XR7's all have limited slip rear ends, auto or manual. 94-95 Supercoupe Auto's with traction control did not come standard with limited slip, though manuals did.

Standard diff ratios change between auto and manual. Driveshaft length is different, engine computer programming is different, lines for the trans cooler, stuff for the slave cylinder, foot pedals, etc.. ya know. Some years have an extra pusher fan on the radiator for the auto cars, not sure the years, no for sure not the 90. Manuals had two different sized rear axles. A standard size on the passenger side, a larger diameter on the drivers side.

Most everything else is the same. fuel tank, diff, axle lengths, control arms, bushings, motor mounts.

I just replaced the dash in my car and found that on the 89 there is a difference in the dash wiring harnesses between a (90-91 dash)automatic and a (89 dash)manual. The cruise and starter interupt systems moves from the brake pedal to the clutch pedal and I found that the clutch plug may not be available in the dash harness. This was my experience and may be different in other years. I had the swap out the two harnesses to avoid splicing wires on the dash I was putting in.

im in the process of swapping in my engine outta a 91 auto to a 89 5spd, and so far i have noticed the whole engine harness is for the most part the same but the connectors are different. for example the connectors the link the ecu to injector harness by the EEC port, the 2 starter from auto to manual will fit and are the same, i actually have a 91 auto starter in my 89 man. they are the same part numbers. also the knock sensor/oil/o2 harness by the k member has a different connector.

Ok cool same starter. Yea 89,90, and 91 All had some type of differences on the wiring harness for the motor. I swapped a 90 motor in to my 91. The main plugs where different.

yeah, i guess im just gonna redo the 89 harness. it looks like everything is the same so w/e. i think the 89 looks like its in better shape.

Back