Rodents

VINCES

Has anyone come across any 12 volt rodent ridding devices? I know there are 110v home ones, and I guess as long as car is in garage they would work. But if car is outside????

I was looking for an alternative, if there was one. Didn't want that smell. Last year i used dryer sheets and bar soap.

A guy at work was telling me he uses spearmint or wintergreen oil. He has several older muscle cars ant the traps and poison wasn't working. He swears by the stuff (have to get used to the strong smell)
MikeH

this is not a good choice.

I was looking for an alternative, if there was one. Didn't want that smell. Last year i used dryer sheets and bar soap.

I have tried dryer sheets only to find that they started to make a nest from them. The moth balls work the best for me. Now if you want you can always run a cord out to the car and plug in a 110 buzzer. Keep in mind that this would also be a great time to add a battery tender to your car as well. That way it would keep your battery hot all winter and maybe keep those pests out of your car....Rich

the best thing I have found is cats, and removing all food supplies for them. I store cars outside all the time and never have a mouse problem. Mice need two things to make a nest,

a food supply

and material to make the nest from. they rarely will travel very far from the nest to get food.

dog food in garage, bird food on bird feeders, and bags in car, trash cans trash bags ect will all generate those little suckers.

everyso often if you start the car and movethings around it discourages them.

moth balls are the best, i have herd they have non sented ones but whats the point of that its the smell they dont like.

Dryer sheets and the neighborhood cats. They may poop in the garden but I haven't had a mouse in my garage for years.
Alan

Back