Fogs..amber or clear.. what's the real scoop??..

tbirdsc35th

Hi, folks.

I've done the research and seen what they all say. Please tell me the real world scenario. Those of you who have updated your fogs, are amber lens or bulbs the best way to go for driving in fog and low vision situations or are clear fogs better if they have the right beam? Personally I like the amber look but I want function more than anything and still keep an original look. I have seen some nice amber reflective fogs with clear bulbs and they look nice but would they do that well in fog? Please let me know what you have learned. Thank you for your inputs. It's appreciated. :)

My best to all.

Fog lights are meant to be yellow, thats how they cut through the fog. If you want appearance, go with a white or bluish light that does jack **** (what I did, :D)

Myself,
I don't think fog lights do jack. On my Jeep I've got yellow ones mounted up on the bumper. In a heavy snowfall they work well, but in fog.....well the fog turns a pretty yellow color anyway. If you like to drive your SC in near blizzard conditions go yellow. But like Tazer said the blue ones look really good. Just my .02, maybe I'm full of caca.

Blue Lights

Be careful with any kind of blue lights, or red for that matter, they are illegal. Blue is for the cops and red for the fire dept. I got stopped just for blue dots on my '34. Get the wrong cop and it can get expensive.
Ed

Hi, guys.

I really appreciate your inputs. Keep them coming please. I would like to know how everyone feels about these. I think that if I go with the bigger 100w bulbs in the original housings they will get too hot so it's new housings too. I've seen amber glazed housings that were pretty but don't wanna mess up.

Ed, thanks for the concern. When we say blue, it's just the way the light looks, kind of a bluish aura but still white. I'm not going to an actual blue light. But I know what you mean. The law on the blue and red lights is the same in OK. I don't know about blue dots specifically.

Thanks all.

Back