spring swap question

Mark VIII's dont use springs, they use airbags. I don't see why it wouldn't work though since I was running thuderbird stuff on my sisters Mark VIII.

Whereas you're right OEM, about 50% of the Mark VIIIs in the boneyard nowadays have springs due to the airbag system failing and being so expensive to repair.

Or due to the owner (a previous one) wanting springs instead.

RwP

Yes the ones I'm looking at are from a spring conversion and they're the 1.5in lowering springs. So I don't want to get just the back that I know will fit if I can't use the fronts

Yes, they'll swap around.

You'll need to either disable the ARC computer, remove the light, or set the actuators on FIRM then remove them. Or, tie them up and leave them attached to the wiring. Otherwise you'll get that nice blinking "FIRM RIDE" light due to the actuators not working right.

I think you'll get less than a 1.5" lower. Stock springs, in a Mark VIII LCA without a spring seat, drop the back about 1.5", so putting the Mark springs in MAY raise the back end. Or maybe not, I don't know offhand. I know there's folks around here that do.

Of course, you could also switch to the Mark VIII LCAs and Delrin them.

RwP

Back