3.73 rear end for sale

XR7 Dave

This is a low mileage 3.73 gearset in SC pumpkin with good traction lock. This rear end was completely rebuilt when the gears were put in about 5000 miles ago. The owner has decided to switch to 3.27 gears so this is now available for sale. I will have my differential mechanic go through this unit for the purchaser so it will be inspected and will included new pinion and axle seals.

Shipping is going to be about $80/100 most areas so keep that in mind. Asking $400 plus shipping. This will be a freshly serviced, 3.73 traction lock SC differential, complete with new seals.

Last edited:
Dave, I would be all over this except I am still paying for the S-Port and have other things I need to do before I go at the gears.

So here is a bump to help keep it on top

Same here if my crank didn't break right before parking the car i would be doing gears since mine chewed them selfs uP last year

Might want to post them on tccoa as that is a very common ratio setup for the modular guys. I just sold mine in a couple hours over there, i'm sure for the same reasons you have...christmas cash, kids get expensive this time of year.
Alan

I am doing a lot of upgrades to my SC including MPx. The rear end was going to be last thing done. I won't be getting a tranny built until engine is done. I don't know much about rear ends. Is traction-lok the same as posi? I was thinking of going with that gear in my automatic. Is this a good option for me? I live in NC Ohio so I would be able to pick up if I decide to buy it.

Yes, the rear end is still available.

Traction lock is what Ford calls "posi" so yes, it's posi-traction.

3.73's are a very good upgrade for an automatic transmission SC, stock to modified. It's one of the most noticeable upgrades you'll do.

Sorry I didn't get back to you.
I just paid off the blower, so...

IF I am indeed still next in line (HOPE I AM) Money is available on the 15th and would go great behind the DD Motor I am building! hint hint

DD Motor, DD Ported Blower, DD Tune, DD FMIC, and now... DD 3.73 diff?

What more could an SC ask for!!??

Back