no brake lights

P

presurized26

I had a bad brake switch, brakes lights only came on when pressed pedal as for as it would go. I got a new switch put in it now no lights. Will went back to where i started got the old switch nothing no brake lights at all. I then took a test light checked for power no power to the plug. Could you please tell me where the fuse/link or relay is? I beleive that is where my problem is thanx to whoever can help:confused:

Hi, guy. I'm having brain fade. I've tried to type this twice already. :) The fuse panel on a 90 is below the left side intrument panel just to the left of the brake pedal. It's mounted so that the fuses are pointing down and there is a plastic cover that fits over the fuses. The stop light fuse should be marked and is a 15a fuse according to the EVTM. Just pull the plastic cover down off of the fuses and you should see where everything is. Hope this helps.

check all of those all have power i guess we are going to relay. would you mite to no where that is

I'm looking at the EVTM. The current flows to:
Stop lamp fuse
Stop lamp switch
speed control
multifunction switch
stop lamp bulbs

The troubleshooting guide says if the brake lights don't come on but the high mouint light does, then there is no current going to the multifunction switch. If you have checked and there is no current to the stop light switch then there is a break in the circuit between the fusepanel and the stop light switch. Without being there, that's all I can help with. I hope it helps some.

Back