heater core?

mmathews

my windows collect moisture. would the heater core visibly leak into the cabin? i smell exhaust fumes after i let the car warm up. could that be the cause? it doesnt fog up while driving, just after it sits overnight. and how would an exhaust leak enter the cabin?

Exhaust odor might be from the wiper cowl seal being loose. The moisture inside without a coolant odor is normal after you were running the Def. with heat. The evaporator thaws out & the heat from the core rises out the top vent & brings with it the humidity from the evaporator in turn stops on the window that is now cold. Daylight (sun) cooks it off the window so you dont see it as much in the daytime I take it.

Last edited:
yes the heater core if ruptured could leak into the footwells, but antifreeze really doesnt condense, i dont know about the exhaust leak. how bad is it? is it like open headers bad? other than that i would think weather stripping, but then again, all cars with temp changes condense a certain ammount.

it seems like an awful lot. all my windows get covered. kinda like if the carpet was washed. the exhaust leak is at the flange on the manifold. i am getting a custom exhaust bent but shops wont do it unless its stock for liability reasons. so i have to mock it up and take the pattern to them. i didnt get the angle close enough for the flange to seal. when i am stopped for a long time or leave the car at idle, i smell it inside. i dont know how sealed the cowl is.

Back