PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Carlisle

Ken Seegers
12-13-2011, 02:08 PM
For those looking to save some money for Carlisle. Starting 12/16/11 until 12/31/11, you can save additional $5.00 off the preregistration of $40.00. The Preregistration price of $40.00 is good until 04/30/12, after that registration goes to $50.00.

So signing up from 12/16/11 to 12/31/11, your registration will be $35.00 instead of the normal price of $50.00.....30% savings!

Ken

Wardboy
12-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Website is www.carlisleevents.com. Register under Super Coupe Club of America. Can't freakin' wait!!!

DW

ricardoa1
12-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Its that time already? I dont think it snowed more then one time here. :eek: June is a mighty long time.

XxSlowpokexX
12-13-2011, 05:45 PM
I was hoping to postpone the madness untill after xmass...So who wanst to volunteer!@

Wardboy
12-14-2011, 09:28 AM
I was hoping to postpone the madness untill after xmass...So who wanst to volunteer!@

I'll take care of the cruise again this year; probably work on a somewhat different route. Make sure you fill your gas tank BEFORE! :rolleyes: I'm sure I can supply some more raffle things again too. Are we still looking for a different hotel?

DW

XxSlowpokexX
12-14-2011, 09:37 PM
We should infiltrate other club websites and see where the cool ones are going..>And stay there@!

Ken Seegers
12-15-2011, 12:59 PM
We should infiltrate other club websites and see where the cool ones are going..>And stay there@!

Let's start with the Florida Focus club first.

XxSlowpokexX
12-15-2011, 08:26 PM
lmao!:eek:

rjgraul
12-16-2011, 09:03 PM
I can supply a prize or two again this/next year.;)

I know I am not staying at the Super 8 again. :(

XxSlowpokexX
12-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Id really like to get us at a different hotel. We keep saying it and never do. Bottomline is Hotel Carlisle isnt like it was back in early 2000. Also as far as trophies go If we dont get the sccoa to chip in for them we may not have them. Unless you think people would actually pay to be in an sccoa car show? Im going to be real short on funds this year. Im definitely going to try to get the tshirts going again however.

XxSlowpokexX
12-17-2011, 08:55 PM
And I think the BBQ was a great idea if someone wants to head that up again. We pitch in, donate? Price per person for food? Or per individual item? Not looking for profits just dont want anyone spending pout of pocket for others

cas23
12-22-2011, 01:13 AM
couple questions that arent upfront to me..

whats the "schedule" cruise friday, carshow sat and sun.. im just wondering what to expect.

im VERY interested in going this year, and have myself basically talked into going, i have my car sorted out basically.. good motor, will have a good blower, trans is built well, rearend.. now all the cars needs is a driver mod! how many people attend.. will there be a place to park a trailer? going down the highway.. with this c4 im at 3k... i dont want to stress this car on the pike.

Ken Seegers
12-22-2011, 08:50 AM
couple questions that arent upfront to me..

whats the "schedule" cruise friday, carshow sat and sun.. im just wondering what to expect.

im VERY interested in going this year, and have myself basically talked into going, i have my car sorted out basically.. good motor, will have a good blower, trans is built well, rearend.. now all the cars needs is a driver mod! how many people attend.. will there be a place to park a trailer? going down the highway.. with this c4 im at 3k... i dont want to stress this car on the pike.

The cruise is usually through some country roads.....no high speed runs down a hightway, plus PSP are all over the place. We have about 20-30 people and we are always looking for more to come. Trailer parking I'm not too sure about. 3k is nothing to a SC.....I run that all day long.

Hope to see you there
Ken

BLOWN38
12-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Yes they have trailer parking on a lot outside the fairgrounds. Or if you pick the right hotel there is enough space in their lot.

cas23
12-22-2011, 07:18 PM
alright. well im unsure what im gonna do.. drive or trailer. im looking forward to going. should be fun!

XxSlowpokexX
12-22-2011, 09:44 PM
yah last time to carlisle....I spent it over 3000K most of the trip.....And I have a 5 speed!

J dot Miller
12-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Dude, how on earth could you possible spend that much money when you live in New York? What did you do hire an arabic gold Caravan with camels, Women to blow fans on your face?
:) :eek:

BLOWN38
12-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Dude, how on earth could you possible spend that much money when you live in New York? What did you do hire an arabic gold Caravan with camels, Women to blow fans on your face?
:) :eek:

He is talking about rpm's. Tho I thought he was talking money at first too.

coolhand
12-24-2011, 10:27 PM
Hey Guys and Gals

Well, I actually have the summer off this year, and will be making the trip to Carlisle with my '95 S/C. Its never been there, so should be fun. I agree with some folks that the hotel Carlisle is a wee bit down and out these days. Might be good to try and find a better place to stay. Perhaps if we book a block early, we can get a good deal.
We had some good times there years ago, though:D
A cruise would be great. I am not sure if anyone is coming from Ontario, so if someone needs to share a room to save a few bucks, let me know. Some of you know me from Carlisle and the Shootout.
Hoping to meet some new friends and see some new cars.
CoolHnad
Matt Leskiw
905-244-5380
mattleskiw@sympatico.ca

BLOWN38
12-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Hope you make it Matt. I think I will bring the 94 5 speed this year.

coolhand
12-24-2011, 11:06 PM
I have 5 yrs of acummulated parts in my garage that need to be installed, plus and ABS relay issue, but she will be there come hell or high water. BTW, the Black 95 with the green interior still runs like a top.

Matt

XxSlowpokexX
12-26-2011, 01:29 PM
yah last time to carlisle....I spent it over 3000K most of the trip.....And I have a 5 speed!

RPM WISE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt...Be great seeing you there..Try to get some of the Canadian Folk to come down. We do need to look for a different hotel. Its about that time.

rjgraul
12-26-2011, 02:36 PM
RPM WISE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt...Be great seeing you there..Try to get some of the Canadian Folk to come down. We do need to look for a different hotel. Its about that time.

Do I remember correctly that Ken found a different place to stay in 2011? I was not able to canx my reservation at the Super 8 so had to stay there but I will not this year ( I might have said that in an earlier post). I will have to research some old post to see which motel it was.

rjgraul
12-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Manny got a block of rooms for 2011 at the Econolodge maybe someone can look into the Econolodge for 2012. The best price as of right now is $119.00 a night for 1 queen bed for that weekend from a quick online research.

http://www.econolodge.com/hotel-carl...Location&map=n

Econo Lodge (about 1/4 mile south of Hotel Carlisle)
1252 Harrisburg Pike
Carlisle, PA 17013

Just a thought. Maybe someone that stayed there in 2011 can share their thoughts on the Econolodge. :D

rjgraul
02-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Website is www.carlisleevents.com. Register under Super Coupe Club of America. Can't freakin' wait!!!

DW

I was filling out the registration and got down to the class section and there is no class listed for the Super Coupes.

There are two classes listed for 1989 - 1997 Stock or Modified. I guess I will hold off registering until the classes show up.

Damon didn't you have to call someone at the show to get the year classes that we wanted? One would think that they would know to keep those classes ever year. :confused:

XxSlowpokexX
02-03-2012, 12:18 PM
They said the classes we have they will keep and have no intentions of watering it down any further.

I can shoot an email

ANYONE WWANT TO LOOK INTO HOTELS!!!!!!

Wardboy
02-03-2012, 01:04 PM
They said the classes we have they will keep and have no intentions of watering it down any further.

I can shoot an email

Damon,
I just talked to Ken Wednesday night. He's gonna do some checking on other Hotels, as well as checking Hotel Carlisle if we can't come up with a block anywhere else. Guess I could deal with hanging out with the focus crowd (and their girlfriends) again!

I've already got the cruise taken care of. What else do you need help with financially or otherwise? I think we made some positive changes the last two years and I'd like to keep the ball rolling. I still have a line on shirts but the timeframe might be way too short. I also have a contact for dash plagues if needed.

DW

BLOWN38
02-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Damon,
I just talked to Ken Wednesday night. He's gonna do some checking on other Hotels, as well as checking Hotel Carlisle if we can't come up with a block anywhere else. Guess I could deal with hanging out with the focus crowd (and their girlfriends) again!

I've already got the cruise taken care of. What else do you need help with financially or otherwise? I think we made some positive changes the last two years and I'd like to keep the ball rolling. I still have a line on shirts but the timeframe might be way too short. I also have a contact for dash plagues if needed.

DW
These guys have always done us well and are close to me if I needed to pick something up personally. Quick shipping to Carlisle. http://www.customink.com/

XxSlowpokexX
02-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Gusy I really do appreciate all the help. I know I cant give 100% and its for all of us so the mor ethat can help the merrier.

I may have a line on a good tshirt guy that will do colors at a reasonable price. I do need a good photo though. And I'd really like to represent an xr7 early and late model SC as a theme...But well see

I would also like to continue with the trophies but I was thinking more in line with plaques unless you all feel otherwise. Trophies just tend to take up alot of room in ones house. Also this ends up being costly. So maybe well get something from teh sccoa..maybe not. If not would a 5 or 10 dollar charge to be in a show class seem reasonable?

LAstly can someone take the reins on the BBQ for saturday. I would perfer noone has to pay for others to eat so should we collect cash like last year or pay per item?

Ill start a new post liek every other year detailig the event.

KEN ILL BE IN PHILLY THE 14th and 15th......Lets have a kickoff meeting!

Ken Seegers
02-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Gusy I really do appreciate all the help. I know I cant give 100% and its for all of us so the mor ethat can help the merrier.

I may have a line on a good tshirt guy that will do colors at a reasonable price. I do need a good photo though. And I'd really like to represent an xr7 early and late model SC as a theme...But well see

I would also like to continue with the trophies but I was thinking more in line with plaques unless you all feel otherwise. Trophies just tend to take up alot of room in ones house. Also this ends up being costly. So maybe well get something from teh sccoa..maybe not. If not would a 5 or 10 dollar charge to be in a show class seem reasonable?

LAstly can someone take the reins on the BBQ for saturday. I would perfer noone has to pay for others to eat so should we collect cash like last year or pay per item?

Ill start a new post liek every other year detailig the event.

KEN ILL BE IN PHILLY THE 14th and 15th......Lets have a kickoff meeting!

Damon,
Where in Philly....WPVI again? If so, we can meet over at one the restaurants on city ave.

Ken

Wardboy
02-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Damon,
Where in Philly....WPVI again? If so, we can meet over at one the restaurants on city ave.

Ken

Let me know which day you guys decide. Maybe I can take a sick day from work! :D

XxSlowpokexX
02-03-2012, 05:07 PM
The 24th Ill be in south jersey but staying somewhere close to WPVI. The 15th Ill be there all day at the least. So yes..Is there a local hooters? lol

Wardboy
02-03-2012, 05:45 PM
The 24th Ill be in south jersey but staying somewhere close to WPVI. The 15th Ill be there all day at the least. So yes..Is there a local hooters? lol

I'm sure Ken will be happy to guide us to the local Hooters, unless he has few beers beforehand, in which case we may end up at the Blue Oyster!! :)

rjgraul
02-04-2012, 03:24 PM

I can shoot an email

Hold it I just found the Super Coupes they are classes 268 269 and 270. They are listed before the Turbo Coupes not after. Arrrrgggg. :o

I just registered.

XxSlowpokexX
02-05-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm sure Ken will be happy to guide us to the local Hooters, unless he has few beers beforehand, in which case we may end up at the Blue Oyster!! :)

lol..HEY DUD I HAVE HEADS AND A RADIATOR FOR YOU!!!!! Perhaps when Im in Philly? I can throw them in the car

XxSlowpokexX
02-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Guys/Gals,

This is the offiial Carlisle thread which I will posting all official information on. I welcome any comments or reccomendations for any new or current events.

REGISTRATION

Register early for a $10 discount, plus Carlisle will mail your registration information instead of doing paperwork at the gate and standing in line.

When registering, use "Super Coupe Club of America" for your club affiliation - do NOT abbreviate to SCCoA. Each year we get a certain number of cars, Carlisle provides us a free tent to shelter us from weather, so don't forget to register under "Super Coupe Club of America."

More info here -

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/

Early registration is open NOW until May 2, 2011.

Also the more people that pre-register the more field space we get which is VERY VERY IMPORTANT!

ALSO TSHIRTS

Once again we will be doing a SUPRISE tshirt design for Carlisle 2011. All I can say is that it WONT be my car! So below will be the list of all those that preregistered. If you want a shirt tell me how many and what size. Unsure of pricing yet as it will have to do with volume ( I got screwed last year) But It will be under $20 and I think I can get them done for $15 a pop. ALso if you registered more than 1 car..LET ME KNOW!!!!!

Mike Tuck...You reading this????

So those Going (Will add a preregistration mark once registered).

1) xxslowpokexx (Pre Registered) XXLarge
2) Tony 8470
3) Blown 38
4) Wardboy (2 Large)
5) RJgraul (1 Medium)
6) JJP90SC
7) Crash00527 (1 Xlarge)
8) JDotMiller
9) SCTIDRATHERBRINGMYLINCOLN
10) MellButler+1 ( 2 XLarge)
11) Nettles (1xL 1L) Just T shirts

Hotel Ken Seegers Manny?

Ken Seegers was able to get 25 rooms blocked off at the Hotel Carlisle. The prices are 139.95 for regular and 111.96 for AAA or AARP members. The number to call is 717-243-1717 x178 (Jennifer). Tell her you are booking under the "Super Coupe Club of America". These rooms are only good until 05/03/11. After that they go to the general public. If the all 25 rooms get booked before 05/03 and you need a room, please let Ken Seegers know. He can call to see if I can get more rooms blocked off. The address is as follows

1700 Harrisburg Pike
Carlisle, PA 17015
(800) 692-7315 (call Jennifer though!)

Also for those that dont want to spend that much there is the Super 8 North next door. Its an Ideal situation for us all getting together as they are literally next door to one another.

Manny (aka Crash) got us a GROUP RATE with a 10 Room block for now. It expires May 6th, 2011.

** IF we Don't get 10 people prices go UP $10 per room**

Mention group rate for SCCOA or Super Coupe Club of America
Reserved for June 3-5th , 2011

Single Bed...$99 + Tax = $108 per night
Double Beds...$104 +Tax = $114 per night

1800 Harrisburg Pike
Carlisle, PA 17013
(717) 249-7000

http://www.super8.com/Super8/control...ce_nostay=true

CRUISE - Friday Dave Ward

We were thinking about having a cruise perhaps and I think friday is best as there isnt much going on afterwards but a lil drinkin:O). I believe Dave Ward will be leading this..RIGHT DAVE????? WHat that means is a TEAL SC will be in front of the pack..yes..TEAL...Hmm Friday....Cruise to Hooters? Ill leave that up to Dave ! Interested???

1) Damon Baumann

GO KARTS Saturday 11pm - Damon Baumann

For many years in a row we have been doing an organized go-kart event. The past few years it has been broken down into two events. The 11pm event…the 12pm event. For the sake of prosperity the 11pm event is only to be discussed!

Generally 10 cars are available although that can change. We rent the track for an hour. And that changes yearly. Individual pricing depends on what they charge. Pricing has been 350, 450, 550 (see a pattern). But guaranteed it will be the best money spent at Carlisle besides the show itself!
This year as last I will be asking for people to pay upfront if they can as I have to pay for the track rental in full personally

We will be doing 4 15 min races and peopel can buy a 15, 30 or hour slot. I generally do 30 min and give someone else a chance as there are only 10 cars. I will post payment info when price is confirmed and update the those interested list.

Those interested in this event

1) xxslowpokexx
2) Paul H (1 HR)
3) Tommy P (1 HR)
4) Dave Ward (1Hr)
5) Ken Seegers (how long)
6) Ralph (1 HR)
7) MellButler+1 (1HR split)
8) Pat Depersia (1HR)
9) Voula (1hr)
10) Paul (1hr)

Dinner Saturday 8 pm John Miller/Don ONeil .

We are doing 8pm so we dont have to leave the fairgrounds early and miss all the end of day events! YOU NEED TO SEE JOHN MILLER or DON O NEIL SATURDAY TO GAT A HEAD COUNT TOGETHER!!!!

Trophies Yes TROPHIES and Raffle

I have decieded to once again do trophies for certain awards. They are as follows..Sam eas last year? You like? GOOD!

1) Longest distance traveled
2) Most miles on car
3) Best of Show Modified
4) Best of Show Stock
5) Sportsmanship Award

These awards will be voted on by the SC community This year we will keep this open to all at Carlisle that register under SCCOA...I was going to let only preregistered people in on this....BUT...So long as you register under teh SCCOA...OK FINE YER IN!..BUT AGAIN PLEASE PREREGISTER!

Vendors that have commited to donating again this year:

1) Spinning Wheels
2) RJGRAUL Ralph on the site ( Hes an amsoil dealer as well as other products)

Both of these vendors went above any beyond last year donating most generously....Anyone else want to step up to the plate??? Anyone have connections??? This is for you guys!!! HELP!

1/8 mile Track

Anyone>?????

Autocross

Anyone????

Any other ideas..Im game.

I think a BBQ, Hotdogs, Sausages, Hamburgers..refreshments would be nice. It gets expensive and if someone who is trucking it or has room. A grill, a cooler..Beverages. The way I see it. You can sell them to your fellow members (hopefully at close to cost). I got my buddy to get his marauder group going and they dam near blow us out the water. Its a party over there! ...You want to get outshind by teh marauders? Hmmph STEP UP!

Wardboy
02-06-2012, 11:34 AM
lol..HEY DUD I HAVE HEADS AND A RADIATOR FOR YOU!!!!! Perhaps when Im in Philly? I can throw them in the car

I have a car here for you! Don't think It'll fit in your trunk though! ;)

XxSlowpokexX
02-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Hey Carlisle Planning Meeting 2012 February 14th near Phiily all welcome! haha!

coolhand
02-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Hey Carlisle Planning Meeting 2012 February 14th near Phiily all welcome! haha!
Not sure I can make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will see you all down there though.
Matt Leskiw

XxSlowpokexX
02-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Anyway we can get a Canadian caravan like the days of Yore? You guys always brought the good beer!

coolhand
02-08-2012, 10:07 PM
I havent heard of anyone else coming. I will bring some beer though. I just dont think I want to stay at the Hotel Carlisle again. I know it a great place for everyone to meet, but sorry to say, not worth spending the money on. I am at the age where comfort is a bit more inportant now. I will be alone, so anyone who wants or needs a place to stay, let me know. We can work out a deal. I am going to try and book a room tomorrow, so I will give details.
Matt Leskiw

fast Ed
02-08-2012, 10:16 PM
I may be coming down, not really sure what my plans will be for that stretch. Carlisle, maybe in the 66 T-Bird, maybe ride along with some of the guys doing the Power Tour, the SAAC annual convention is also at Watkins Glen the following weekend. Hmmm ...

If I do end up wanting to go to Carlisle, Matt I may just tag along if you don't mind a passenger.

cheers
Ed

coolhand
02-08-2012, 10:27 PM
I may be coming down, not really sure what my plans will be for that stretch. Carlisle, maybe in the 66 T-Bird, maybe ride along with some of the guys doing the Power Tour, the SAAC annual convention is also at Watkins Glen the following weekend. Hmmm ...

If I do end up wanting to go to Carlisle, Matt I may just tag along if you don't mind a passenger.

cheers
Ed
Hell no Just let me know, my friend. Would be great to see you.
Matt

XxSlowpokexX
02-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Hell no Just let me know, my friend. Would be great to see you.
Matt

Matt you may want to wait. We are trying to find a new hotel.

91bird
02-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Matt, I am thinking I will attend this year. I have that weekend off work so that is a big step. I will be driving my 90 down.

Drew

coolhand
02-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Matt, I am thinking I will attend this year. I have that weekend off work so that is a big step. I will be driving my 90 down.

Drew
That would be awesome.
Matt

coolhand
02-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Matt you may want to wait. We are trying to find a new hotel.
Let me know ASAP, ok? I would hate to not find one.
Matt

XxSlowpokexX
02-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Maybe you can reserve..You can always cancel a reservation right?

Wardboy
02-09-2012, 04:34 PM

cheers
Ed

Ed,
Forgot to tell you the other day; if you do make it down, two words.....COLD SHOTS!!!!!! :D:D It's been a looonnnggg time!

DW

XxSlowpokexX
02-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Dave....Seegers knows where I will be and how far from wherever the hell you guys are talking about! I will be in South jersey at 2 for work. Im figuring a few hours there then Im heading into Philly area (not far)

SO LET ME KNOW!...Im not familiar with these parts haha!

rjgraul
02-13-2012, 11:41 AM
I just check the Econo Lodge and it appears that they are sold out along with several motels. It might be too late to block rooms so I am going to make reservations some where that has good prices. Hotel Carlisle still has rooms available $133. and $140. a noght

Well I am confused I just made reservations at the Econo Lodge $120. a night thru Choice Privileges website but Carlisle Econo Lodge's website claimed they were full. :confused:

XxSlowpokexX
02-13-2012, 11:59 AM
We are having a game plan meeting tomorrow in PA...Hoepfully Ill get a fire up Seegers butt to find a hotel!

Wardboy
02-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Hoepfully Ill get a fire up Seegers butt to find a hotel!

Please inform Pat and I when this exact act is going to happen, so we can leave the two of you alone!!! :D BTW....Hooters!!!

XxSlowpokexX
02-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Aint nothin a hot wing cant take care of!

Wardboy
02-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Ken,
Any update on the hotel information?

DW

coolhand
02-21-2012, 09:22 AM
OK, Registered the BlueBird today. I can feel the shaking in the boots now!!!!!!!! Booked a room for 3 nights. All set now. Be advised, rooms in Carlisle are almost non existent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Leskiw

Ken Seegers
02-23-2012, 08:40 AM
Ken,
Any update on the hotel information?

DW

It looks like Hotel Carlisle again. I will try and call again today. Some of ones I looked at are cheaper than Hotel Carlisel, but they have issues with cleanliness. The ones that rate higher in quality are also more money. I will try and get a couple of choices, but I will probably stay at Hotel Carlisle again this year.

Ken

coolhand
02-23-2012, 12:12 PM
I am staying in Harrisburg, coming down on Thursday.

matt

Wardboy
02-23-2012, 03:55 PM
:D:D
It looks like Hotel Carlisle again. I will try and call again today. Some of ones I looked at are cheaper than Hotel Carlisel, but they have issues with cleanliness. The ones that rate higher in quality are also more money. I will try and get a couple of choices, but I will probably stay at Hotel Carlisle again this year.

Ken

Ken,
I did a quick check yesterday. How about the Red Roof Inn on Route 11 (1450 Harrisburg Pike). It apparantly used to be a Motel 6 but is now under new management. It's down route 11 about half a mile from the Hotel Carlisle. They rated pretty good on the site I checked out and their prices weren't bad. FWIW....Hotel Carlisle Rated 23rd out of the 25 hotels in the greater Carlisle area!!! Gotta Love it!!! :D:D BTW....10:00 start time Sunday. I just need to get a cherry-picker. :rolleyes:

Dave

XxSlowpokexX
02-23-2012, 03:55 PM
try to get a block of rooms

rjgraul
03-03-2012, 09:37 AM
try to get a block of rooms

???????????????????? ;)

XxSlowpokexX
03-03-2012, 12:38 PM
that was meant for Mr Seegers...If I dont hear back from him with anything it will be hotel Carlisle again.....Expect a rather large thread this weekend as I cant wait anymore and need to get stuff rolling

rjgraul
03-03-2012, 07:59 PM
that was meant for Mr Seegers...If I dont hear back from him with anything it will be hotel Carlisle again.....Expect a rather large thread this weekend as I cant wait anymore and need to get stuff rolling

I already have reservations at the Econo Lodge.

Ken Seegers
03-05-2012, 08:29 AM
I already have reservations at the Econo Lodge.

I have been trying to look around for other options......Hotel Carlisle keeps coming back as the closest and best available. I looked into a couple further out and the prices are the same if not more. If no one objects, I will call on 03/06/12 to block off some rooms.
Please let me know.
Ken

Wardboy
03-05-2012, 09:30 AM
I have been trying to look around for other options......Hotel Carlisle keeps coming back as the closest and best available. I looked into a couple further out and the prices are the same if not more. If no one objects, I will call on 03/06/12 to block off some rooms.
Please let me know.
Ken

If it comes down to it, I'd be fine with Hotel Carlisle again.

DW

XxSlowpokexX
03-05-2012, 10:37 PM
if it comes down to it, i'd be fine with hotel carlisle again.

Dw

yes ken do it!

cas23
03-06-2012, 12:46 AM
im waiting to get more info to really get sail on this, but im almost positive im down to go all weekend.

XxSlowpokexX
03-06-2012, 10:13 AM
I need to get the post ready with info...Perhaps tonight if KEN does his job!:eek:

Wardboy
03-06-2012, 10:48 AM
...Perhaps tonight if KEN does his job!:eek:

Tic...tic...tic...tic...tic...tic...tic...

rjgraul
03-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Tic...tic...tic...tic...tic...tic...tic...

Ticty Tic tic ic....LOL ;)

Ken Seegers
03-06-2012, 08:11 PM
I called and left a message...I guess I will call back tomorrow.

Ken Seegers
03-07-2012, 12:38 PM
I just got the information.....AAA members price for Hotel Carlisle is 111.96. Regular price is 139.95. These rooms are only good for 30 days from today. I blocked off 20 rooms. So hurry and make your reservations! The reservations are under the "Super Coupe Club of America"

Thanks for everyone's patience.

Ken

Wardboy
03-07-2012, 12:57 PM
I just got the information.....AAA members price for Hotel Carlisle is 111.96. Regular price is 139.95. These rooms are only good for 30 days from today. I blocked off 20 rooms. So hurry and make your reservations! The reservations are under the "Super Coupe Club of America"

Thanks for everyone's patience.

Ken

That works. Hopefully we're in the same wing as Focus Nation!!!

rjgraul
03-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Bump....;)

89XR7TD
03-18-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm planning on going...my first carlisle event!!

Tom D.

BLOWN38
03-18-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm planning on going...my first carlisle event!!

Tom D.

Awesome! Always a good time.

XxSlowpokexX
03-19-2012, 12:27 AM
I really need to straighten up this post with all the info/./Sorry guys for slacking..Havent had time to fully concentrate

Wardboy
03-19-2012, 11:08 AM
I really need to straighten up this post with all the info/./Sorry guys for slacking..Havent had time to fully concentrate

What!?! Like you have something else important going on to occupy your time!!! ;)

I spent the entire weekend underneath the rear of the '93 trying to "repair" some really bad body rot, which I know needs to be addressed by a professional soon, but I'm hoping to get both cars running first. I also broke two bolts off attempting to replace the rear subframe-body support brackets, both of which had rotted away to nothing. The rear bolts going through the subframe itself are another story; broke two Snap-On sockets trying to get them out! Decided to call it quits before I attempted the fuel tank bolts. That needs to be replaced because there's literally NOTHING left of the lower heat shield. SC's are like women; pretty on the outside doesn't always equal pretty on the inside. I may just concede the '91-93 category to Seegers again and throw the new motor in the '94!! :( Ok, rant over....

DW

coolhand
03-19-2012, 11:22 AM
What!?! Like you have something else important going on to occupy your time!!! ;)

I may just concede the '91-93 category to Seegers again and throw the new motor in the '94!! :( Ok, rant over....

DW
I need to get my lazy ~~~ out and start getting my '95 clean, all the parts on, and the broken crap fixed. Its gonna be her first time at Carlsle!!!!!!!

Wardboy
03-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Always a good time. Many of us have even gone in years past without our cars!

DW

BLOWN38
03-19-2012, 11:30 AM

I spent the entire weekend underneath the rear of the '93 trying to "repair" some really bad body rot, which I know needs to be addressed by a professional soon, but I'm hoping to get both cars running first. I also broke two bolts off attempting to replace the rear subframe-body support brackets, both of which had rotted away to nothing. The rear bolts going through the subframe itself are another story; broke two Snap-On sockets trying to get them out! Decided to call it quits before I attempted the fuel tank bolts. That needs to be replaced because there's literally NOTHING left of the lower heat shield. SC's are like women; pretty on the outside doesn't always equal pretty on the inside. I may just concede the '91-93 category to Seegers again and throw the new motor in the '94!! :( Ok, rant over....

DW
And this car took a trophy?:rolleyes::p

Ken Seegers
03-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Always a good time. Many of us have even gone in years past without our cars!

DW

Do I need to get my 93 ready for you again????

Wardboy
03-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Do I need to get my 93 ready for you again????

Depends on how the next few weeks go. I'm sure motivation will eventually replace frustration...:rolleyes:

coolhand
03-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Ive never understood how they do the judging.....Its so arbitrary..........But always a great time. Coming down on Thursday.

Matt

Wardboy
03-19-2012, 11:36 AM
And this car took a trophy?:rolleyes::p

It doesn't even get better looking after a few beers either!!!

BLOWN38
03-19-2012, 11:41 AM
I always worry about mine looking like that. And am afraid to take the ground FX off. I'm pretty sure it doesn't tho. Can you tell its that bad from the outside?

neverfastenough
03-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Heres how mine was.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/neverfastenough230/IMG_4661.jpg

Kurt K
03-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Ive never understood how they do the judging.....Its so arbitrary..........But always a great time. Coming down on Thursday.

Matt
Carlisle judging is participant judging. A lot of times, the location of your car can play a roll in the judging as people who drive other models may not walk the entire field of SCs to pick their favorites....pretty sure that's what happened the last time I got a 1st place:;)

I know when I have voted for other classes at Calisle, there are a ton of cars to look at and the longer my voting dragged out, the less details I looked at.

Wardboy
03-19-2012, 11:58 AM
I always worry about mine looking like that. And am afraid to take the ground FX off. I'm pretty sure it doesn't tho. Can you tell its that bad from the outside?

Mine had a good bit of rot on the rear floor/body seam when I bought it, but I didn't know about the quarter until the ground effect piece actually moved when I was detailing the car. The two bottom clips didn't have anything solid to hold onto anymore! If your rear floors look pretty good underneath, your quarters hopefully are fine too.

DW

Wardboy
03-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Heres how mine was.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/neverfastenough230/IMG_4661.jpg

That's how my passenger side looked after I pulled the molding...no corner piece left at all!!

DW

coolhand
03-19-2012, 03:58 PM
Cant say that not the first time ive looked at that rot....when I was hunting for a car, all of them seemed to be rotted in the same place.
Matt

XxSlowpokexX
03-19-2012, 06:11 PM

DW

I always spray bolts down with soem pb blast then heat em up before trying to remove

BLOWN38
03-19-2012, 08:29 PM
I always spray bolts down with soem pb blast then heat em up before trying to remove

But not spark plugs.:D

XxSlowpokexX
03-19-2012, 10:27 PM
oohhhh snap lmao..I can laugh about it now!

Wardboy
03-20-2012, 08:15 AM

I actually soaked them in GM Heat Valve Lube three or four times Saturday before I tried. They're just rusted fast.

shoalcracker
03-20-2012, 11:18 AM
I had a similar with a tank bolt.

Sharp air chisel.

Picked a corner on the bolt and started in on it.

About a minute in she broke free and rotated out.

Just an option.

Paul

Wardboy
03-20-2012, 02:57 PM
I had a similar with a tank bolt.

Sharp air chisel.

Picked a corner on the bolt and started in on it.

About a minute in she broke free and rotated out.

Just an option.

Paul

Paul,
I will definately keep that idea in mind. Gonna play around with it some more tonight. Thanks for the suggestion,

Dave

rjgraul
03-22-2012, 06:34 PM

:eek: :rolleyes: ;)

coolhand
03-29-2012, 12:28 PM
OK, whats up with all you Peppes and Carlisle? Who is in and who is out, and where are you staying? I am at the Marriot in south Harrisburg, will be arriving Thursday evening with Ed and maybe one other from Ontario.If your going out for a dinner, keep me in mind Anyone have a Blackberry, PM me your PIN Number.
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/harwm-courtyard-harrisburg-west-mechanicsburg/
Matt
905-244-5380

rjgraul
03-29-2012, 08:03 PM
OK, whats up with all you Peppes and Carlisle? Who is in and who is out, and where are you staying? I am at the Marriot in south Harrisburg, will be arriving Thursday evening with Ed and maybe one other from Ontario.If your going out for a dinner, keep me in mind Anyone have a Blackberry, PM me your PIN Number.
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/harwm-courtyard-harrisburg-west-mechanicsburg/
Matt
905-244-5380

I will be getting there Friday around noon staying at the Econolodge. We usually go to Hooters on Friday night for dinner.

lube70
03-30-2012, 02:21 AM
Hey fella's !!! Welcome to the 2012 Carlisle season.

FYI.....Spoke to a "representative" of the Hotel Carlisle. I asked if the cleanliness issue has been resolved and are there still issues with bugs in the beds.....Answer was NO!!! Still a disgusting place for them to say that.

Anyway, On a better note, hopefully, the Canadian Beer Pong team is back ....KEN, DAVE you know what I'm talking about.....;)

Olive garden again this year??? If so, will get things moving. Anyone want a different restaurant?

I think its fine but its up to you guys.

anyway, Ken, I will bring the babysitter again this year...FIREWORKS!!!!

Don

BLOWN38
03-30-2012, 10:00 AM
I plan to be there. Usually show up late thursday night. Will be staying at the roach motel in carlisle.:D But heck who sleeps at carlisle anyway.:rolleyes:

Olive Garden is fine with me.

Wardboy
03-30-2012, 01:15 PM
Good the hear from you Don! Ken and I are booked for the Hotel Carlisle again. Should be there by lunchtime Friday. Olive Garden will be fine for Saturday...even if we can't get a waitress to come back to the hotel again!!!

Matt, I think Ken still has his Blackberry. We usually have dinner at Hooters in Mechanicsburg Friday night. Last year we left the the fairground around 5:00, lined up for the car cruise back to the hotels, got washed up and made Hooter's for around 7:00. Saturday night is Olive Garden. Not sure on the time, but I'm sure Don will post something once we're closer to the show and can get a semi-accurate head count. Ed is actually going to come?!?!

Dave

XxSlowpokexX
03-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Can we get a 2012 Carlisle forum going....I emailed Pat maybe a minth ago but I dont know who does it!

rjgraul
03-31-2012, 08:45 PM
Carlisle Pre-registration discount ends April 30th and all registration fees will increase by $10.

:eek: 30 days to go to pre-register

coolhand
04-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Olive Garden is fine with me. I havent been to Carlisle in a few years Will be nice to see some of the old crowd. Hoping Ed and Drew from Ontario make the trip with me.
Matt

shoalcracker
04-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Thought you guys would need a primer on getting back to the Hotel Friday night.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a7l7IHXZwk

Paul

BLOWN38
04-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Thought you guys would need a primer on getting back to the Hotel Friday night.;)

Paul

Thats hilarious!

rjgraul
04-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Can we get a 2012 Carlisle forum going....I emailed Pat maybe a minth ago but I dont know who does it!

Maybe you need to send him another email.....:D

Ken Seegers
04-02-2012, 07:28 PM

Paul

That was last year at carlisle to a "T"!

Wardboy
04-03-2012, 11:47 AM
That was last year at carlisle to a "T"!

I don't seem to remember the hill though!!! :D

rjgraul
04-12-2012, 06:12 PM
17 Days left to pre-register for Carlisle and save $10.

rjgraul
04-16-2012, 11:01 AM
45 days to go.

Damon put me down for an hour on the karts. :D

XxSlowpokexX
04-16-2012, 12:55 PM
I know I been a little lazy about this..And I been really stressed out at work. But Karts are a go and the regulars get first dibs....

Ken Seegers
04-16-2012, 01:25 PM
I know I been a little lazy about this..And I been really stressed out at work. But Karts are a go and the regulars get first dibs....

Damon,
Put me in for the normal hour...btw your going down! :D

Ken

Wardboy
04-16-2012, 03:09 PM
Damon,
Put me down for the usual hour of abusing Ken!

Dave

XxSlowpokexX
04-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Damon,
Put me down for the usual hour of abusing Ken!

Dave

I planned on going on a diet just to lap you guys...Didnt work!

rjgraul
04-16-2012, 08:12 PM
I planned on going on a diet just to lap you guys...Didnt work!

And how many times did I lap you last year???? :eek: :p :rolleyes:

XxSlowpokexX
04-18-2012, 12:52 AM
And how many times did I lap you last year???? :eek: :p :rolleyes:

last year you got lucky! not only did I have a slow cart but I made it even slower!!!!

rjgraul
04-19-2012, 08:15 PM
last year you got lucky! not only did I have a slow cart but I made it even slower!!!!

Yes you did have a slow car for some reason. Maybe you will get a faster one this year. :cool:

Wardboy
04-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Who's responsible for making sure we get to use the "secret powder" this year?!?!

DW

XxSlowpokexX
04-20-2012, 03:25 PM
someone needs to find where to get it!!! DO RESEARCH!

Miller
04-20-2012, 04:09 PM
I've already done the research. its baby powder. we had a track like that around here and we found a bottle of powder around one of the turns and my buddy stopped and took the lid off n thru it on the track. people were sliding into the walls so bad that they shut it down n banned us all for lifeeeeeeeeee

Ken Seegers
04-21-2012, 08:35 AM
I've already done the research. its baby powder. we had a track like that around here and we found a bottle of powder around one of the turns and my buddy stopped and took the lid off n thru it on the track. people were sliding into the walls so bad that they shut it down n banned us all for lifeeeeeeeeee

The stuff they used at the go kart was slicker they baby powder.

XxSlowpokexX
04-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Yeah DEF not baby powder....We experienced first hand what baby powder dos..An dwhat magic powder does....Ive heard the magic dust is what they use in school to clean up throwup!..Anyone work in a school????

BLOWN38
04-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Yeah DEF not baby powder....We experienced first hand what baby powder dos..An dwhat magic powder does....Ive heard the magic dust is what they use in school to clean up throwup!..Anyone work in a school????

Yeah I believe its some kind of powdered soap.

Wardboy
04-23-2012, 02:12 PM
I seem to remember one year when that certain group that always reserves the hour after us dumped bottles of hotel shampoo onto the track! Not sure if half a dozen 1.5oz bottles of shampoo really would do any good though!

DW

XxSlowpokexX
04-23-2012, 02:53 PM
http://www.uline.com/BL_7005/Green-Sweep

I think this is the stuff....

Wardboy
04-23-2012, 03:15 PM
That looks pretty good! Problem is we do go-carts every year; getting a lifetime ban from the track will kinda suck!!! :(

DW

XxSlowpokexX
04-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Ralph dont you drive a school bus!...ask a janitor for some of this stuff!@!!@@@@

rjgraul
04-23-2012, 08:07 PM
Ralph dont you drive a school bus!...ask a janitor for some of this stuff!@!!@@@@

Yes but I do not go to the school that I knew the janitors any more since I got a new bus and new routes. But I will see what I can do.

XxSlowpokexX
04-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Worth a try!

rjgraul
05-01-2012, 08:26 PM
30 days to go to Carlisle. :eek:

BLOWN38
05-01-2012, 10:36 PM
30 days to go to Carlisle. :eek:

I'm registered and got my room.:cool:

Tim Groth
05-01-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm registered and got my room.:cool:

We bunking together this year roomie?

-Tim

BLOWN38
05-02-2012, 12:16 AM
We bunking together this year roomie?

-Tim

Yeah man!......

Tim Groth
05-02-2012, 12:31 AM
Yeah man!......

Focus Owners Fear Me ....thats gotta be the front of this years MA-ADT T-shirt. :D

-Tim

BLOWN38
05-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Focus Owners Fear Me ....thats gotta be the front of this years MA-ADT T-shirt. :D

-Tim

Good one! You know I have the pic of one spralled out on his back.:D

Ken Seegers
05-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Good one! You know I have the pic of one spralled out on his back.:D

If you guys get them made I will take one...2XL

Ken

XxSlowpokexX
05-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Its looking Grim for my SC this year....Therefore I bought another mustang convertable so Id hav esomething ford to drive!

Miller
05-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Maybe you can drive my car there and get it fixed. Its a champ as long as you dont go past 5000rpms. or shut if off, then you hafta hotwire it ;)

rjgraul
05-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Its looking Grim for my SC this year....Therefore I bought another mustang convertable so Id hav esomething ford to drive!

What happened to that 3 place Cougar? :D

Ken Seegers
05-02-2012, 05:51 PM

Maybe no teal cars this year?????

rjgraul
05-02-2012, 07:45 PM

Maybe Red will have a chance this year then???? :rolleyes:

YoungEric
05-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Hey I have a 95 SC and am interested in going to Carlisle with it. Im new to the club and want to start getting involved. Can I get some advice on what I need to do or how to go about it? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

BLOWN38
05-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Hey I have a 95 SC and am interested in going to Carlisle with it. Im new to the club and want to start getting involved. Can I get some advice on what I need to do or how to go about it? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

For carlisle get yourself a hotel room asap, although I don't think hotel carlisle fills up anymore. Thats where we all stay. If you don't plan on spending the night just preregister at add 2012 all ford nationals show field to your cart (http://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=24) and click super coupe club of america as your club affiliation. If you only want to come one day come on saturday.

Where are you from?

Wardboy
05-03-2012, 08:48 AM

Not if I can help it!!!! :D

Wardboy
05-03-2012, 08:51 AM

What Happened!?!?!? I thought it was up and running?!?

XxSlowpokexX
05-03-2012, 11:22 AM
What happened to that 3 place Cougar? :D

Oh ill be going no matter whatMay hav eto bring my extremely slow latest daily driver

XxSlowpokexX
05-03-2012, 11:25 AM
What Happened!?!?!? I thought it was up and running?!?

Up and running yes......:eek:

Ken Seegers
05-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Oh ill be going no matter whatMay hav eto bring my extremely slow latest daily driver

don't forget to tell him it has a super coupe motor in it :D

YoungEric
05-03-2012, 12:59 PM
For carlisle get yourself a hotel room asap, although I don't think hotel carlisle fills up anymore. Thats where we all stay. If you don't plan on spending the night just preregister at add 2012 all ford nationals show field to your cart (http://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=24) and click super coupe club of america as your club affiliation. If you only want to come one day come on saturday.

Where are you from?

Right now Im only an hour east of Carlisle in Lancaster county so its not really a long trip for me.

Wardboy
05-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Right now Im only an hour east of Carlisle in Lancaster county so its not really a long trip for me.

You still might want to stay in Carlisle with the group. Alot of the fun happens well into the morning, especially with the Focus crowd and their girlfriends!! ;)

Dave

XxSlowpokexX
05-03-2012, 04:31 PM
you still might want to stay in carlisle with the group. Alot of the fun happens well into the morning, especially with the focus crowd and their girlfriends!! ;)

dave

perv.........

:d:d:d:d:d:d

Tim Groth
05-03-2012, 05:06 PM
You still might want to stay in Carlisle with the group. Alot of the fun happens well into the morning, especially with the Focus crowd and their girlfriends!! ;)

Dave

I just had a memory flash back -well played well played.

-Tim

YoungEric
05-03-2012, 05:34 PM

Dave

Now if these "girlfriends" are 20 somethings you have my attention.

What goes on through the weekend? I have to time to come Fri-Sun. Also do you leave your SCs at the fair grounds and drive other cars to and from the hotel?

Tim Groth
05-03-2012, 06:36 PM

What goes on through the weekend? I have to time to come Fri-Sun. Also do you leave your SCs at the fair grounds and drive other cars to and from the hotel?

Your weekend can be anything you make of it...:p Hang out with me, you may not remember much of it. :D

-Tim

BLOWN38
05-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Your weekend can be anything you make of it...:p Hang out with me, you may not remember much of it. :D

-Tim

Or get thrown in jail.:cool:

rjgraul
05-04-2012, 11:00 AM

Friday and Saturday (Sunday is a lot the same plus finding out who won.) you wonder around the fair grounds looking at all the Mustangs 100s of them (LOL) and other cars as well as the all the vendors. I doubt you will leave your SC at the fair grounds. We go to Hooters on Friday night for dinner and Olive Garden on Sat night and then go to the go cart track at 11PM. So you will want to drive your SC like the rest of us. :D

Be sure to preregister.........ASAP......

YoungEric
05-04-2012, 05:44 PM
I am registered and booked at the Hotel Carlisle. I'm good to go as long as my boss doesn't try to send me to India.

J dot Miller
05-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Yuk, one of the few places you can still find the plague!
:eek:

Tim Groth
05-07-2012, 10:21 PM

Thats why we have ample amounts of alcohol....I did enjoy the mouse incident a few years back tho, that was rather comical.

-Tim

fast Ed
05-08-2012, 12:23 AM

Which one, India, or Hotel Carlisle? :D

cheers
Ed

rjgraul
05-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Damon.....Do you have a clue who or how many of us are going to Carlisle this year? It is only a few weeks away. I know your busy an all with that Fox body.:eek: ;)

XxSlowpokexX
05-09-2012, 10:31 AM
No I been a bad boy..However thsi year I once again went out of pocket and picked up some plaques instead of trophies..Will only be doing best of show 1st 2nd and 3rd place this year..I may be bringing my new old mustang....I havent created a new thread. I asked for a new carlisle 2012 section months ago..Nothing . Im super busy with work, weekends, nights...So quite honestly im loosing enthusiasm. If it wasnt for you guys id skip the event all together. Hopefully I get a day off this weekend to rest and get reenergized..Well see

rjgraul
05-09-2012, 11:58 AM
I know you are doing the best you can with the time don't have. ;)