Center cap question

I believe so, but please dont hold me too it, I saw someone with them on there car by me, im just not sure if there was more too it, or that my eyes were just fooling me..

wont work

im gonna have to say no on this one early model center caps are larger and metal ---- 94-95 are plastic. i have several sets of both laying around here a 1990 and a 1995 in the yard for reference

100_1005.jpg

100_1004.jpg

Last edited:
They definitely do not fit.

Center caps on the 15" thunderbird wheels (fan blades, etc) WILL fit the 94-95 SC wheels though.

89-92 center caps are unique.

Thanks....

I found a set of each in the back of my storage....:p

Early model caps will not fit late model rims.....

Do late model SC caps fit early model cougar rims.

Since my snow tires are mounted on my old XR7 rims it would be nice to have SC caps rather than the cougar ones.

Of course that is assuming my car will be on the road while it is still winter. :(

Regards

Sean

Do late model SC caps fit early model cougar rims.

Since my snow tires are mounted on my old XR7 rims it would be nice to have SC caps rather than the cougar ones.

Of course that is assuming my car will be on the road while it is still winter. :(

Regards

Sean

If you're talking about the stainless steel center caps, I think they are the same size as the T-Bird ss ones.

I'm pretty sure the early model 16" wheels both had ss center caps (SC and XR7 SC), which are the same size. Early 15" wheels and all later model (SC, LX) wheels are the plastic caps, which are the same size. I don't the the later model Cougar wheels had the same style caps, so I'm pretty sure none of those the SC/XR7 SC wheels.

Some LX's (94/95 I think) with the fan blade 15" wheels had center caps with a Thunderbird sticker inside of the cut-out that looks pretty cool with a set of 93-95 SC wheels...plus they're easy to find!

If you're talking about the stainless steel center caps, I think they are the same size as the T-Bird ss ones.

My XR7 caps are plastic and are smaller that the steel '91 SC caps I have.

I was thinking just to fill in the cougar insignia and paint them but have been too lazy to do it.

Sean

My XR7 caps are plastic and are smaller that the steel '91 SC caps I have.

Do you have the 7-spoke wheels?

I thought I remembered seeing a set of cougar wheels with a ss cap too...maybe I'm just dreaming though.

If the Cougar caps are the smaller plastic ones, I would bet that they are the same size as the later model SC's then.

Back