Couple issues 90sc auto

joshpowell16

Well to start its an all original 90 SC auto with 111,xxx mles. Right now I have Titanium 5(jb. Weld) holding my intercooler to the supercharger. 3/4 bolts were stripped when I bought it. I broke 2 off after I did a helicoil (front 2). I never touched the 3rd, afraid of breaking it off too. Since I DD the car I quick fixed it. Believe it or not, it runs better now than when I bought it.

I priced a used blower from the boneyard $300. Does that sound reasonable?
I'm hoping a local performance shop can fix it.

Second, now that its running smooth I noticed its got a hard and late shift about 40mph light pedal. Sometimes if u don't let off it will take forever to shift.

What could that be?
It got worse when I let my wife drive it to work. It had a loose trans line that popped off while it was warming up. Dumped 5 qrts. She didn't notice till it wouldn't move wen she tried to leave. I fixed the line n filled it back up. Still works but now takes a couple seconds when shifting between P,R, and D.

What year SC is the $300 blower from....:confused:

These AOD transmissions can be a bit finicky, especially when you run them out of fluid....

Try some Lucas Trans Fix....

I've had pretty good luck using it in quite a few of my SCs....:D

try ebay for the supercharger there was a 94 blower and plenum for 250 last week ad a few other for pretty cheap
i used the trans fix from lucas on mine and had a trans shop set the tv cable and it has been perfect ever since i had the same hard shifts at light throttle and now all is good

Well the junkyard says the blower is off a 90 Sc. But they have a 90 35th anniversary sitting there. I've bought some parts off her already. Next might be the sunroof or rims..:D

Back