Auburn Gear

sics6

Can someone tell me any experiences they may have had with the Auburn high performance posi unit? I'm thinking of buying the unit and need to hear some reviews. I'm going to be running it with my 3.27 gears in my 5spd. Thanks

I've been using the Auburn Pro diff in my 93 SC since about 2005 and it works great. When the tires spin the car still tracks very straight, unlike my 91 SC with rebuilt factory trac loc, that kicks sideways whenever the tires spin.

David

I've been curious about the Auburn ECTED units, E-locker with limited slip in non locker mode. Has anyone tried one in an SC? I ended up going with a truetrack

help

I would like to know also what's the difference performance wise between the auburn high performance and the pro?

I'm running an Auburn with 3.73 gears. I like it much better than the stock unit. I had to change my launch technique though. I now have to power it off the line or the engine bogs on me. With the stock unit I had to tiptoe off the line and then punch it. I'd just spin one tire with a hard launch and kill my 60' times.

I like the Detroit Eaton Truetrac. Nothing to wear out works 100% as intended forever. Locks up everytime you give it power.
I am selling it but might just keep it if no-one bites on it soon. Ill be buying again if it sells. I have autocrossed and drag raced with it, no problems with it. Some people still like the Auburn units though, they are better then stock. And stock is not bad either when the clutches are in perfect shape.

I puit the carbon clutches and heavy duty s spring in my rear and Im happy as it ony cost me $100 or so. But The Eaton is the way to go IMO if I were to redo my whole rear

Okay before we get off the original track. Has anyone else used the auburn diff? Or is there any real difference in the auburn pro or high performance? Since people are mentioning Eaton is eaton better than Auburn?

so a rear like this keeps the car strait ? When i get bad wheel-spin my car whips harrrd to the drivers side... Its freshly rebuilt with new clutches and the heavy S spring and still has the same issues. would be really nice if I could get it to stay strait

so a rear like this keeps the car strait ? When i get bad wheel-spin my car whips harrrd to the drivers side... Its freshly rebuilt with new clutches and the heavy S spring and still has the same issues. would be really nice if I could get it to stay strait

In my experience, the gear type limited slip differentials help keep the car straighter than the clutch type differentials. The True-Trac unit locks solid with less than 1/4 turn of the carrier housing.

Okay before we get off the original track. Has anyone else used the auburn diff? Or is there any real difference in the auburn pro or high performance? Since people are mentioning Eaton is eaton better than Auburn?

all I know is that when it came time to do a diff upgrade Dve Dalke told me auburn pro 542080 is the way to go for quality and price

p.s. ~ you find out pretty quick around here that Dave's word is usually the last ;)

Back