Doing My Part to Put 3 SC and 1 TC back on the Road

r1dd1ck913

Well I thought I might share my story about how I am helping put a 89 SC auto, a 91 SC auto, a 94 SC auto and a 88 TC 5 speed back on the road.

Well the story starts like this. Every day I pass by this Mustang shop on the way to and from work. I had noticed this white SC sitting there. I had been driving by it for mounts. So one day I like what the hell and stopped in to ask if it was for sell. So they gave the owner of the car my number. That same day he called me and said its not for sell, but he told me that it was one of 4 SC that he has and he would be interested in selling one of the others. So I asked what was wrong with it. He said the abs was out and that he wants vacuum brakes put on it but no shop will do it. I told him I did it to my 92 sport and that I could do it to his.

So he was like well I don't have a lot of money to fix it but maybe we can work something out. He was like well the 91 with the abs problem I would like to fix since I just put new tranny in it. He said I also have a 89 with a blown motor. I have a running motor to put in it. I also have a 94 that needs a tranny put in it. I told him I could do the work if he paid me. He then told me that he has a 91 5 speed that is on his farm that some one broke all the windows on, stole the wheels and beat to hell. And at that moment I was like I think we can make a deal. He said what you thinking. I told him that the auto tranny on my 91 was going out and I wanted to make it a 5 speed. He said I know were you are going with this. He said how about this you buy the parts and install them on my white 91 to fix the brakes and I will give you the 91 5 speed for a parts car. I was like sounds like we have a deal. So that is how I am putting 1 SC back on the road.

Well the other day he called me back with an Idea. He told me he was like well I'm getting to old to do anything with all the cars. He told me that if I pulled the tranny out of his 94 he would pay to have it fixed. Then I could put it back in. That he would give my the 89 SC that he as with a running motor to put in it. So that would be putting 2 more SC's back on the road.

The about a week ago a friend of mine came to me and said if I buy a 88 TC with no motor or tranny would you sell me one of your spare SC motors to put in it. I told him that sound like a fun project and I was down to do it. So now sometime in the near future I will be helping drop a SC motor in a fox body tbird to bring it back to life.

Well like I said Im trying to do my part to keep tbirds on the road.

Yea I am working on 91 with the abs conversion right now. It's almost done I am waiting for him to get some calipers since the last person that did brakes broke the bleeder off. Then hopefully this wensday we will be going and picking up his 91 5 speed he is giving me so I can start my 5 speed conversion on my car. I think I'm going to snap a few pics of every thing.

Very nice. glad to see your trying to keep some SCs on the road.

I still to this day regret parting out my 94 5spd.:(

Well I got the 5 speed parts car today. Now I can start pulling some parts off of it to fix the white 91 and pull all the stuff off it for my 5 speed swap. Man I feel sorry for this car.

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

Yea I was like why would some one do something like that. The guy I got it form said it was perfict at one time. He had to store it on his farm for a short bit. And when he came back to it it was beat to he'll and the wheel where stolen.

He had to store it on his farm for a short bit. And when he came back to it it was beat to he'll and the wheel where stolen.

Someone got bored on the farm and went to town on that poor SC. :p:mad:
They really did a number on the rear...:eek:

Well that poor little sc is still going to live on kinda. It's 5 speed in my car and it motor is going in to a 88 turbo coupe.

Yea we have an 88 tc right now and we are
Picking one up In a day or two with no motor or tranny to put the sc motor in.

I had a turbo coupe, loved that car. Im gonna get another some day but im going to keep the the 4 banger cause thats what made them special.

Nice story about your first bird. I will have to post some pics of my 88 some time. But any ways update time. I got the motor/tranny pulled out of the donner car today. The white car is the one I'm fixing the brakes on.
IMG_0158.jpg

Back