Detailed help mounting FMIC

91BLOWNBIRD

Was wondering what the best way to mount this FMIC would be...I am not much of a fabricator as I dont weld

31"x11"x3", 3" Core: 24"x11"x3", 2.75" Inlet & Outlet

Attachments

• FMIC.jpg
    FMIC.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 148
I am not much of a fabricator either and I don't weld. What I did was get some strap steel from Home Depot Cut and bent it into an L-shape.

Drilled appropriate holes. then painted it with the same two part epoxy paint I used for the engine bay.

Mounted it as you see in the pics. I had some left over bushings so I used those when I snugged the FMIC up tight to the upper brackets.

Same procedure for the bottom bracket. This time they are double bent. I also used some bushings between the bracket and the FMIC.

I used stainless steel bolts.

My FMIC sits a bit low so I will be making some extension pieces from some white pvc piping so I can mount the tabs of the front bumper cover neatly.

I included a pic with the lights back on so you can see how that looks.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Sean

Attachments

• FMIC-Top-Strap1.jpg
    FMIC-Top-Strap1.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 261
  • FMIC-Top-Strap2.jpg
    FMIC-Top-Strap2.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 261
  • FMIC-Bottom-Strap.jpg
    FMIC-Bottom-Strap.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 268
  • FMIC-Top-Strap-lights-in.jpg
    FMIC-Top-Strap-lights-in.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 272
I am not much of a fabricator either and I don't weld. What I did was get some strap steel from Home Depot Cut and bent it into an L-shape.

Drilled appropriate holes. then painted it with the same two part epoxy paint I used for the engine bay.

Mounted it as you see in the pics. I had some left over bushings so I used those when I snugged the FMIC up tight to the upper brackets.

Same procedure for the bottom bracket. This time they are double bent. I also used some bushings between the bracket and the FMIC.

I used stainless steel bolts.

My FMIC sits a bit low so I will be making some extension pieces from some white pvc piping so I can mount the tabs of the front bumper cover neatly.

I included a pic with the lights back on so you can see how that looks.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Sean

What are the dimensions of your fmic?

i used that same intercooler

here are a couple of pic of one of my old intercoolers set ups

here is a pic be for i painted it
023_26.jpg

these are painted ones
mine011.jpg

mine015.jpg

mine020.jpg

SDW...do you have any pics of your low rout piping?

Ironworker...what are the details on the high rout piping near the air filter area?

So far some people run the piping low and some high with this FMIC

SDW...do you have any pics of your low rout piping?

So far some people run the piping low and some high with this FMIC

Here's a pic of the low route. It's really straightforward. A 180° bend then ran parallel with a 18" section then turned up. I did notch a little bit on the drivers side to accommodate the 180° bend. I took off a 3" section of the lip on the rail. You'll understand if you look at it.

I think slightly smaller piping would have been easier to install. I used 3". I had to modify the filler cap for the power steering, old intercooling tube mounting bracket and had to shift the dip stick to the outside.

Hopefully this picture helps. If not I'll take some more next time I'm at the car.

Regards

Sean

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 186
yeah i'm thinking low rout...I have 2.75" piping and I have the piping from the blower top and the inlet plenum down to the stock IC location already fabbed

I also moved the oil dipstick to outside of piping, shaved the stock upper IC pipe mount, and installed a N/A 3.8 powersteering pump cap (it is much more flat)

Back