prof products throttle body

boogeyman

just bought a 75mm tb from professional products ive had great luck with thier stuff in mustangs and other cars before. has anyone else had experiance with them

Yese. <(French) :D

I've got the same TB on my SC.

The mounting ball on the linkage was so tight, it wouldn't operate properly. It would stick open (full throttle) & closed. I sanded the ball down a bit and the throttle plate has worked fine ever since.

The idle adjustment screw has worked itself loose twice now. It doesn't matter how tight I get it. It's polished, looks good, and does the job.

However, I did get what I paid for..... My next one will be from Magnum Powers.

really bigger throttle body didnt help much unless i was over 4000 rpm which i hardly ever do on the street it almost hurts on the strret at 2000 rpm because the bigger mass makes the air come in slower
hope this makes sense

ralph

Tb

On my 91 mustang with a vortech, I tried a pro prod 70mm tb and it whistled out the linkage from the get go. After a couple of 10lb pulls it was bad. Sent it back and they were suppose to send me a new one. But due to the marks I put put on it, it was the same one I'd returned, when I got it back. threw it on an sure enough it whistled like a beetch. tried a BBK and throttle blade would stick. Tried sanding adjusting everything no bueno. got an accufab, and its perfect. So I got a 75mm on my 90sc i figured since the TB wasnt on the pressure side a pro products should be alright. And it works fine, but really no performance increase with my mods.? Did a nice port job on intake too. I would have left it stock to do it over, my motor is as good as I want.?? Hope this helps

yea i just intsalled mine and i think my stocker was worn out very badly it would have a random miss at idle and seem to cam very hard when idling after the swap and going totally nuts porting the entire inlet all the way to the blower in very happy with mine idles glass smooth now seems more responsive i gained 2 psi of boost at 5k on my 90 blower and seems to howl a bit more now also lol

what the main mod that makes these things howl like holy hell i hear lots of the s/c`s howling like crazy but mine is fairly tame sounding is the the blower top or a pulley that casuses that ???

From my research on here and my own experience, aluminum inlet tube from mass to TB, larger mass air meter too added some noise. Other than that its welding the silencer ports up on top of the the blower. Which I would deem to risky to make it worth it. Slag/damage to rotors, warped case, ect. Unless u have a spare around that u can play with. Some of those cars u were hearing probably have aftermarket blowers on them too. ?

really bigger throttle body didnt help much unless i was over 4000 rpm which i hardly ever do on the street it almost hurts on the strret at 2000 rpm because the bigger mass makes the air come in slower
hope this makes sense

ralph

that doesn't make much sense to me since the throttle body is before the supercharger. I don't think the air is going "slower" after it makes its way through the SC, the tubes, the ic, and then the intake manifold.

I have experienced excess clearance in the throttle shaft seals on two of them. One I had used for a 3 months, another one that was to replace it. I wouldn't recommend them for a blow through configuration and I know others have been fine with them. My first one which was probably purchased in 2006, did have an excessively large ball for the cable. The replacement I received in 2010 had a better sized ball, at least it seemed better.

Where throttle body size hurts or helps has to do with blower overdrive as well as engine rpm. For a positive displacement supercharger mounted after the throttle body, there is very little negative that can come from a larger tube. The key is to try and keep ambient air pressure available at the blower inlet all the time. Pressure drops in the intake tract from the filter to the blower plenum decrease the amount of air that will enter the blower on each revolution of the blower lobes. Eliminating pressure drops for any given performance level will improve overall performance.

Some pressure readings were taken for a stock intake system and documented in this note:
http://www.sccoa.com/articles/cwintake.php

Back