who else is running these? et streets.

tyrsmkkyle

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MTT-3752/

Im planning on running these guys.. no tubes on my cougar.. any fitment issues or other concerns ( other than needing air everyday and being all squirmy at high speeds)?

With the new blower on the way and a plan for the intake and fueling side of things i think its time i get some rubber on this thing.

For daily driving?

IMO This tire although street legal should only be used to drive to and from the track when there is 0% chance of rain. It's bias ply and not a radial so you your handling will diminish greatly.

275 series Nitto NT555's will handle 400 rwhp just fine. No need to run a slick for daily use.

I guess i should have been more clear on it but.. This car is not my daily.. and i certainly wont be cruising around on these tires. They will be for the strip or digs only. Thanks guys. I have done enough research to know not to run drag radials on this car.

Last edited:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MTT-3752/

Im planning on running these guys.. no tubes on my cougar.. any fitment issues or other concerns ( other than needing air everyday and being all squirmy at high speeds)?

With the new blower on the way and a plan for the intake and fueling side of things i think its time i get some rubber on this thing.

Those will be fine for the track if you have 15" wheels. For using stock SC wheels you want the 16" x 10.5 x 26" tires. BTW, I've got a set of stock SC wheels taking up space in my garage that you can have for free.

David

cool I might just take you up on that! But that brings up another question.. i can get 2 15 inch t bird wheels ( 96 97) for 20 bux for both. will i miss the extra sidewall with the 16 inch wheel?.theres about 30 dollar price difference per pair of the same tires. in 15 and 16 16 being more expensive.

cool I might just take you up on that! But that brings up another question.. i can get 2 15 inch t bird wheels ( 96 97) for 20 bux for both. will i miss the extra sidewall with the 16 inch wheel?.theres about 30 dollar price difference per pair of the same tires. in 15 and 16 16 being more expensive.

I don't think the sidewall height will matter. I think the SC wheel may be a little wider and that would make it fit better and be more stable on the top end. Send me a PM if you want the pair of SC wheels, and I'll give you my address.

David

ok cool. Im leaving for new york tonight so ill think about it some more and decide when i get back. Thanks for the help man.

Back