Quick question about the cam sensor

mikedenton49

Im having a little bit of trouble. My sc is running great! At least it has been. But now, after around five minutes of drive time the engine light comes on. Runs fine though except under very high boost. however, if I let it idle for more than a few minutes the tach starts to jump around and it begins to misfire until it eventually stalls. I ran the codes and came up with 12 42 25 and 22. Stupid codes... Now before somebody screams at me about the cam sensor, I know about it. I've replaced it before. So here's my question: is it possible to get a clean start everytime with a bad cam sensor? Last time it would only start randomly like it was supposed to with the missing parameter.

I'm at a loss, but before I go throw my debit card at it, I thought I'd get some of you guys .02 dollars.

Thanks,

Mike

is it possible to get a clean start everytime with a bad cam sensor? Last time it would only start randomly like it was supposed to with the missing parameter.
Ummm.. sort of.. I had a problem many years ago where it would start all the time, and stumble/buck anywhere from 10-20 minutes after warm up. The best way to find out is to drive around for a few days with it unplugged. In that case, starting is hit/miss (33% chance) but once running, it will be fine.

Along with what TbirdSCFan said, you really should resolve the codes. 22, 42, and 12 seem like something you would want resolved.

I agree. I hate reading codes! It's hard to get it right and it seems like I get different ones everytime :)

I cleared those and went for a ride. I now have 176 212 214 but the last two are because I couldn't stand to not spend money and went and bought a new cam sensor :). I believe I may have a fault in the wiring harness. I'll check it out wen the sun comes up.

Thanks for the reply...

I agree. I hate reading codes! It's hard to get it right and it seems like I get different ones everytime :)

I always had trouble reading the flashing lights. I would try to write it down fast, look up and then wonder if I missed a flash. :(

I pleaded with my wife to help and after that got her to write the codes down while I stared at the dash without blinking to make sure I didn't miss one. :p

Sean

I always had trouble reading the flashing lights. I would try to write it down fast, look up and then wonder if I missed a flash. :(

I pleaded with my wife to help and after that got her to write the codes down while I stared at the dash without blinking to make sure I didn't miss one. :p

Sean

Precisely... :)

So I got a good look at it today and found that sure enough, the harness had a broken wire. It was kind of a pain in the a$$, it had such short leads, but got her done and solved the problem. Now to that pesky 176.

Back