Anyone want to help me build a hood?

LXSC

After looking into the pros and cons of a Fibreglass hood, I'm leaning towards having something custom made using a stock hood. The whole idea of needing hood pins to ensure that the fibreglass doesn't tear at the latch doesn't appeal to me but I still need a few more inches of clearance over the stock hood for the engine. I have some experience with working with fibreglass and doing some body work but I have a feeling that I'd be better off working with someone with sheetmetal experience so I could come up with something like this: http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=97219 (See near the bottom).

I'm looking to spend around $500 including labour and materials. IS anyone interested or know of anyone who might be interested?

I took an air tool cutter to my hood one time turned out like ~~~~~ lol keep us posted

my opinion on the hood you linked us to is that I like it but the sides of the scoop could blend better to the rest of the hood

OP, where are you located? I'd consider working on another one, but $500 wouldn't even come close to covering the time involved.

Here are a couple of more recent/better pictures of my hood.

DSC_85911.jpg

interior10-10.jpg

Badassness

That hood looks truly awesome. I wasn't hoping to even come close with $500 but I was curious to hear back from people. It looks like I'll be going the route of cutting a hole and then installing a fibreglass cowl.

I know I don't have the tools right now to cut it but I have been tempted to get some metal working tools. What does it take to cut a hole in hood?

Not sure where your located re Toronto.

I currently have a Cervini Mach Hood that will have 3" added to it this spring and I will probably keep it simple.

I am sourcing existing pieces and he will fabricate, finish and paint.

I am useing a contact that builds and repairs Racing Boats that run down south.

Can't promise anything but if you know what you want then maybe.

He's prepping boats thru June so that may an issue.

Paul

Back