Explosion

GHOSTXR7

blew the rear tailshaft to hell on the xr7 lastnite :mad: possible mucked up the driveshaft also. i know iam going to keep the car so my first question is should i get an aftermarket driveshaft and where would be a good place to start to look and what is a good price for a stout tranny that would support a modded car. such a sad day for the GHOST but i will get him back on the road

I've got the parts to fix the tranny if it's not too bad: tail housings, output shafts, and gears, no synchros.

its an AOD auto

the tailshaft and all is busted to high ~~~~. the yoke of the driveshaft the slides on the tailshaft in the tranny was alongside of the car along with parts of the tailshaft that was still left :mad: man did i do it this time :eek:

not quite WOT but i was getting on it. main cause appears to be u joints and such. tranny pulled yae good thing i work at mechanic shop ;)

the tailshaft housing needs to be replaced for sure. ive gotta get the output shaft replaced so iam fonna see what my tranny guy says and go from there. further development. pulled the driveshaft to put new u joints in it. well driveshaft is dented and bent to high diablo. where would i find a stout driveshaft that would be good from stock all the way through?

Back