Original Fog Lights

XR7

Does anyone know if a 1989 or 1990 Cougar.. is wired for the Fog Lights that were intorduced in 1991..

I found a 1991 LS in a Salvage Yard.. and the center console had the fog light switch.. I collected the inside parts of the car..

Also I notices.. that in my 1989 SC XR7.. I took the center console out.. and there are two connector wires one for Ride Control.. and I assume the other is for the Fog Lights.. however the front of the car I was getting parts from was beyond recongnition.. so .. If I could get some orginal foglights off of a 1991.. would they mount and work in my 1989?..

Karl

Those '91 Model Year Foglights....

Will work, but you will need to get the mounts with them if you grab them off the '91 model and they will bolt right on, I replaced mine to the newer style. They are a bit bigger as well.

Jeff Bratton

o.k.

Got the foglights... Wires and bracket Mount...

where is the wire in the car tucked away at.. to plug this thing in.. thought it would all be a simple plug and go...

any pictures of where the wires are tucked away in this car would be great.. or a really discription..

Thanks a Million..

Whoops.....

Karl..

I'm so sorry, but I did not read and pay any attention ( brain fart)!! to what you wrote, but I do not think the '89 & '90 Cougars were wired for fog lights.

At least I do not think they were.

The only thing I could suggest to ya is to make your very own wiring harness for them as well as finding a fog light switch. You can diffently use the fog light switch from the SuperCoupe ('89 to '93) models. The switch would match your other switches that you have.

I wish I could show you if your not firmilar but you could use the faceplate located on the SC's center consoles w/fog light & firm ride openings and place your switch in the correct opening. The openings are even labeled for you.

Hope this helps and hopefully someone else when reading this might have an idea.

Jeff Bratton

The wires are there! I took off my front bumper before pulling the engine and noticed the wires tucked up in the rigid plastic bumper. I have a 89 XR7.

Mike Tuck

I wouldn't wire them up the way it would come from the factor. go in to the SC Literature section on the main web page and wire them like in the how to secton Fog Light Conversion.

Back