What does a stock 96 LSC run in the 1/4?

91BLOWNSC

Had a run in with one last night and didn't seem all that fast. I think I looked on car-stats and they said it ran around (15.4 @94) but their not very reliable. I know how he did agains me, I am now wondering if he will beat my friend with a 94 T-bird with UD pullies and an Intake. Any opinions?

hmm...

How is that even possible? He had 4 people in his car and I had 2. There is no way in hell that car would run a 14.8 - 15.2. My best was a 14.8 and i average around a 15.0. And he had to be at least 3 car lengths back...hmmmmmm......

I don't know what the story was on that guys car, but the numbers aren't that far off considering they have 280HP stock, and if it was a '97 or '98 LSC, it would have 290HP. Go ask around on LOD and they will tell you something very close to that. Maybe he wasn't really trying.

Thomas

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII 7.1 15.4
1995 Lincoln Mark VIII 7.6 15.8
1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 7.2 15.4

Found that, looks about right.

Just curious why there is soo much difference between the 1995 and 1996 time? The 15.8 seems a little slow considering I ran a 15.8 with my 100% stock 4.6L Thunderbird. I guess you really have to take into consideration that each vehicle is different, and there are a lot of variables other than the vehicle. Anyway.......

Thomas

The site that came from took figures for cars from magazines. You know how that is. Take with a grain of salt. ;)

nope..

He was definitely trying...we lined up at a light and it was HIS idea...Be both launched and my tires were bald and i spun through the intersection and we were even till i hooked up. I have it on video and will post it as soon as my friend gets it from his camera to his computer and sends it to me. We even did it from 30. I had raced a 98 and that thing took me buy about a car length to a car length and a half but that guy i beileve had gears. I do have a pulley, exhaust, cold air intake, and an intercooler fan. He said he had 290 horse. But you guys think the 96 had 280?

Lemme tell ya something. 1/4 mile times in a magazine, on the internet, on television, on a friggin billboard outside your local mall wherever. Don't mean jack when you are running the stoplight gran prix. REALLY! A dragstrip is a controlled environment. Too many variables on the street...oil, sand, water, kids.....you get the idea. True story. My buddy has a Z-28 six speed. If we run from stoplight to stoplight short runs I can get him everytime. As soon as he shifts to 3rd he leaves me like I'm siting still. Like at a 1/4 mile dragstrip.
Understand?
How long was your run?? A 4.6 needs to rev a bit....they are a bit lite on low end torque.
End of Casey's babbling bullshit.

revs mean alot

The previous post talking about the revs is very important I transplanted a 96 LSC engine into my 95 LX and an interesting thing happens in that 32 valve engine. Unlike the Cobra the Mark VIII does not use all 32 valves all the time so the 290 HP is deceiving. Only after the engine is above 3000 RPM do all 32 valves open (normal driving uses 16). Makes for a very interesting power band the car doesn't peak and then decrease it tends to pull even harder after 3000.

well....

We took it up to I would say around 80. And he wasn't gaining. I might have been pulling on him. And now from what i heard tonight from a best friend of mine....The kid with the LSC raced a Thunderbird Sport (97) and the thunderbird won up till about 75 when the LSC over took it. From a roll the T-bird one. And that 97 had a best of 15.4 at the track with no mods. Course normally the t-bird runs 15.6 or so. So I guess the LSC does run about a 15.4.

with the right driver, and good plugs, at low elevation they will run 14's. Best I heard stock was 14.4, most people I know can get their way to 14.6's with plugs and driving. I ran a 14.9 with no effort. And that's all 93-96 years. 97-98 were slower.

Brian

I could be wrong..But the Mark 8 motor is like the cobra motor in that it has a plate setup that closes off some runners at lower rpm's for added torque and opens them up at the higher RPMs for HP....Its not the valves but the intake ports..Also..I believe that in 99 they did away with the plate setup..did they return back to it or not?..Damon

Last edited:
Back