IAC voltage

sccrewzer

Where does the power to the IAC comes from? My bro's cougar has a hard time ideling i disconnected the IAC valve and it did not seem to change the cars behavior then I checked the voltage to the connector and nothing came up.:confused:

I think the IAC uses pulse modulation (PWM)? Some one else should correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm right, you won't see anything w/ a digital meter. May have to use an old analog meter w/ the needle to see the pulses...

Rob

I think the IAC uses pulse modulation (PWM)? Some one else should correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm right, you won't see anything w/ a digital meter. May have to use an old analog meter w/ the needle to see the pulses...

Rob

Ok that makes sense
Would it be different for a std 96 model cause I put a volt meter to one and got 12.4v from that connector?

Ok that makes sense
Would it be different for a std 96 model cause I put a volt meter to one and got 12.4v from that connector?

If the IAC has a differen part number, it will operate differently .. but same type of solenoid.

They are fed Battery voltage on one terminal and the PCM triggers the ground to operate the IAC valve, so you would see 12.4 volts = battery voltage on one side normally.

- Dan

Ok after testing there doesn't seem to be and triggering happening could this meen the computer is bad? if so why no CEL coming on?

if the battery has been unhooked recently it will take 2 or 3 days to learn to idle or memory fuse is blown it may never learn

ralph

Back