what is a good manual....

Kwik

i've been looking for a good service manual for the SC 3.8 motors. i've looked at a Haynes manual & they really didn't give a good break down of this motor. i'm kinda looking for one that is dedicated to the SC motor & not 3.8's in general. thanks for any info or suggestions ya'll can give me.

Just a note about a manual I bought on ebay for 4.00. It is a factory ford 1992 manual that covers the SC very well. Maybe manuals are still available from Ford. Just my .02

manual

I know that I am not impressed with my Chilton. It is OK for my 97 LX. Out of the Inch and a half thick book, probably five pages are directed to the SC.

Re: manual

VicW said:
I know that I am not impressed with my Chilton. It is OK for my 97 LX. Out of the Inch and a half thick book, probably five pages are directed to the SC.

yea thats how this Haynes manual was, just a couple pages. maybe i'll take a look around & see where i can get a factory manual, thanks for the tip!

Hi, Kwik.

I have a Haynes and a Chiltons and they really aren't thorough enough for the SC's for my taste. The factory shop manual is really the only way to go. You can still find them on ebay and the internet and I think Helms still carries them. Try www.helminc.com and see if they are there. Hope this helps some.

thanks guys, yea i been searching around on helminc.com for a little bit now. looks like i found what i'm looking for. i think i'll watch around ebay for them too. thanks guys!

this might help a little the manual can be ordered from:
Technical Service Publications
Service Manual
3000 Schaefer Road
PO Box 1902, Room 2004
Dearborn, Mi 48121-9973

Jeez thats a mouth full:p :D

Back