PDA

View Full Version : SCCoSW Meet in New Mexico

Kurt Sunday
01-13-2012, 03:39 PM
The Super Coupe Club of the Southwest is hosting a MN12 Meet in Las Cruces, New Mexico the weekend of March 10, 2012.

We will start meeting Friday March 9 around Noon at:
Ramada Inn
201 E University Ave
Las Cruces, NM 88005
(575) 526-4411
A section of the parking lot will reserved for MN12's. (I hired a security company to watch our cars overnight)

(NO DRIVING FRIDAY NIGHT)
Happy Hour at the hotel will start around 4pm
Dinner at the hotel around 5pm
"Shootout Style" Parking lot antics at 7pm

Saturday March 10:
9am - Breakfast (What-a-Burger)
10am to 11am - Parking Lot Show and Shine
11am - Cruise to local restaurant (TBD) for Lunch
Noon - Depart for White Sands National Monument
5pm - Pool Party at the Hotel
6pm - Dinner and awards at hotel.

Sunday March 11:
9am - Munch will be signing autographs in hotel lobby
10am - Adult Diaper WalGreen run
11am - Call it a Meet

Nettlesd
01-14-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm game if you come pick me up.

Kurt Sunday
01-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Rate is $85 per burnout
Ramada Inn
201 E University Ave
Las Cruces, NM 88005
(575) 526-4411

Bill Evanoff
01-19-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm flying in to hang with Kurt for the weekend. What's not to love about Kurt Sunday!

Hopefully both his SC and his Mark VIII will be running so I'm not stuck being a passenger all weekend.

Looking forward to it. I've read about the old SC Club of the Southwest events but now I'm going to experience one in person! Ahhh, I can already smell the characteristic essence of eau-de-burnout.

I went to a Vegas meet years ago and these guys made the 5th floor of the parking garage look like it was on fire from Las Vegas Blvd. with all their smoke!

From what I hear we already have at least 8 cars. This is going to be a great way to get a jump on Spring with the nice NM weather and a couple great days of cruising.

92bird
01-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Holy hell.. I haven't been to an SCCoSW meet in years. or "meat" as Kurt would say, LOL..

Have to check the work schedule..

I am a little worried about putting that many miles on my SC.. Its almost at 47,500 miles, LOL.. It might have a heart attack on a road trip that long.

Jeramie

92bird
01-20-2012, 03:25 PM
I went to a Vegas meet years ago and these guys made the 5th floor of the parking garage look like it was on fire from Las Vegas Blvd. with all their smoke!

I still have videos of that somewhere.. LOL.. That was a blast.

Kurt Sunday
01-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Jeramie,
I sure hope you can make it.

Please remember this is an older and more mature SCCoSW. We do not speed or do burnouts anymore. We no longer get banned from hotels. Most of the group even needs to be sleeping by 8pm these days. Some of us even drive Mark VIII's now.

We can't wait for Sunday morning! The local WalGreen is having a sale on adult diapers and we are taking a cruise there. We might even be able to swing by the old folks home and pick up Colonel Glenn.

A lot has changed my son....Eric Carrasco has given up the evil drink and will be hosting the BINGO game at the meet. You won't even recognize Kelly Simons now that he lost all his hair and wears thick glasses. Sometimes when Kelly stands near a TV his pacemaker will pickup Hogan's Heros reruns.

As for me....I haven't changed at all.

Long Live the Super Coupe!

92bird
01-23-2012, 05:17 PM
OMG you haven't changed a bit, LOL..

A lot has changed in my life, but one thing hasn't.. I still have an SC. I try to get rid of them, but then i keep buying another one.

Blower whine is like the force.. It even loured me over to the dark side (my other ride is a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP)

92bird
01-23-2012, 05:18 PM
Blower whine is like the force.. It even loured me over to the dark side (my other ride is a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP)

Wow, I like that.. Just might be my new signature!

XB-70
01-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Well, well! All these years being posted overseas and deployed, plus the tireless replay of great tunes from Iron Maiden over these (my) "Wasted Years,"....had this Colonel thinking he was going senile!

Turns out all those lyrics about reincarnation are true. Low and behold the SCCoSW is back at it again. Back from the grave like Eddie. Long live the SCCoSW.

Looks like arrangements are in order to “escape from my current stockade in Georgia” even if by air…!

I am sure that one of the ‘Air Vehicles’ that came out of the 9 years of dark, dusty, sarcophagus air would stretch out its legs on a 1,600 mile one way trip; however, the chance of popping a hemorrhoid on a ‘vanishing point’ like drive is something the Medics would frown upon so close to a military retirement??? Err, Colonel, ~~~ were you thinking, Sir!

May the sticker on this attachment fly again!

Cheers, Colonel glenn

Kurt Sunday
01-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Welcome back Colonel Glenn!

Ken Seegers
01-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Man if this "meat" was a week or 2 later......I would be there. I might be flying out to Vegas either the 15th or 22nd of March to see a high school buddy of mine.

Wzenheimer
01-25-2012, 07:00 PM
I'd be down for flying the bonanza out there if I could find a couple others to come with. Its only a 6 hr flight....any STL peeps game? Oh and when I say bonanza I mean this:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/wzenheimer/Side.jpg

2nd Suggestion
Or we could leave all of our wives at home and take 4 of us peeps??? Just a suggestion.

Kurt Sunday
01-26-2012, 11:50 AM
STL? I thought you lived in 410 Florida Chris.

David Neibert
01-26-2012, 09:17 PM
I'd be down for flying the bonanza out there if I could find a couple others to come with. Its only a 6 hr flight....any STL peeps game?

Chris,

If Rebeca is going, Kathy and I might be able to go...need to check my work schedule. I'll let you know within a few days.

David

Wzenheimer
01-27-2012, 12:19 AM
Let me know so I can take off that weekend. I know the crazy Latina is game.

I waiting for a response back from the scheduler...as it stands now I'm conflicted on 2 trips one of which leaves that sunday.

*Update*
Got the GREEN light all is good now....let me know if you can make it.

XR7 Dave
01-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Got my flight booked! :D

Superloop
01-28-2012, 10:53 AM
Man!! why isn't this in Albuquerque?:mad: I can't go all the way to Las Cruces:(

Kurt Sunday
01-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Las Cruces is 3 more hours from Albuquerque. Try to make it.

Wzenheimer
01-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Got my flight booked! :D

You really coming...cool! Just waiting to see if David and Kathy are game.

Kurt, any room in any cars for peeps to ride around in or should we RENT something?

Kurt K
01-28-2012, 12:22 PM
You really coming...cool! Just waiting to see if David and Kathy are game.

Kurt, any room in any cars for peeps to ride around in or should we RENT something?
If Dave and Kathy can't make it, I might be able to make it.

XR7 Dave
01-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Man!! why isn't this in Albuquerque?:mad: I can't go all the way to Las Cruces:(

Yes you can. You don't want to miss this one. ;)

PDQ SC
01-28-2012, 05:06 PM
It's a darn shame it's so far away and a week before spring break. Somebody embibe for me.;)

Kurt Sunday
01-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Chris, no need to rent we will have plently of room.

Kurt Sunday
01-29-2012, 12:24 PM

Kurt you will finally meet my wife. She has been screaming your name for years.

Wzenheimer
01-29-2012, 12:46 PM

I'm just waiting to hear from them on their schedule. If they can't make it your next in line. Would it be you and Jenn or just you?

Kurt K
01-29-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm just waiting to hear from them on their schedule. If they can't make it your next in line. Would it be you and Jenn or just you?
Probably just me, but it is far enough away that Jenn might be ready to leave the little guy overnight with relatives.

David Neibert
01-29-2012, 12:52 PM

Chris,

Kathy and I are both going. Let me know what hotel you are staying at so I can book a room at the same place. So we are leaving STL Friday and returning Sunday ??

David

Wzenheimer
01-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Chris,

Kathy and I are both going. Let me know what hotel you are staying at so I can book a room at the same place. So we are leaving STL Friday and returning Sunday ??

David

The hotel is in this thread 1st or 2nd post by Kurt Sunday:

Ramada Inn
201 E University Ave
Las Cruces, NM 88005
(575) 526-4411

As far as our itinerary goes, we will have to leave in the morning Friday to be there by noon for when all the antics start. So more than likely departing at 7:00am. We will have a fuel stop just about the middle of Oklahoma at Weatherford, OK. (KOJA good prices on fuel.) Then continue on to Las Cruces (KLRU) arriving just before 1:00pm. Hopefully, by then there will be enough people there to pick us up at the airport. Sunday we can leave around 11am or so and that will get us home about 6pm. I'll be in touch with the full details later.

Kurt Sunday PM me your phone # again so we have it when we get there.

XR7 Dave
01-29-2012, 03:03 PM
I'll be arriving about the same time (noon I think). Kurt, how big of a vehicle do you have? Might need a bus.

Wzenheimer
01-29-2012, 04:27 PM
I'll be arriving about the same time (noon I think). Kurt, how big of a vehicle do you have? Might need a bus.

I'm going to go ahead and rent a car for weekend. I have plenty of AMEX points to basically get it for free. I'll get more details later but we will have a car so no worries.

Chris

David Neibert
01-29-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm going to go ahead and rent a car for weekend. I have plenty of AMEX points to basically get it for free. I'll get more details later but we will have a car so no worries.

Chris

Cool, now we'll have something for the burnout contest.

David

Kurt Sunday
01-30-2012, 10:44 AM

Chris

Save your cash for Hookers

Bill Evanoff
01-30-2012, 02:37 PM
I'll be getting in on Thursday and staying until Monday morning. I figure if I'm coming all that way I might as well enjoy some NM sun for a few days vs. the cold in Ohio.

Kurt said we may be driving out to the White Sands National Monument, which is the world's largest dune fields of gypsum sand. I Googled some pics of it and it is a beautiful place.

The El Paso, TX airport is the largest airport near by so you may consider flying in there too. It is less than an hour away and may be less costly than going directly into Las Cruces.

Is "Cash for Hookers" a new Obama stimulus package? Must be kind of like "Cash for Clunkers". Isn't the country in enough debt already!

Kurt Sunday
01-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Bill,
Stimulus and package have something to do with it.

Wzenheimer
02-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Reservations are all set...just hope the weather plays nice since we are coming out in the bonanza. See ya all there.

David Neibert
02-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Reservations are all set...just hope the weather plays nice since we are coming out in the bonanza. See ya all there.

Just made my room reservation too.

David

Bill Evanoff
02-08-2012, 03:04 PM
I invited Paul Cornell to come to this outing as he is approx. 6 hours away near Phoenix and I heard today that he and his wife will be attending. ((( Updated 2/18...Paul can not make it now unfortunately)))

For those who may not know Paul he is one of the major guys who got this whole thing going back around 1995 or so. He was the editor of the Thunderbird Information Exchange (TIX) and he produced an informal newsletter for about 4 or 5 years which eventually spawned the SCCoA. Bill Hull, the originator of the SCCoA was talking with Paul years ago and he was encourage to create this organization by Paul. So, we should all be eternally grateful to this relatively unknown Tbird enthusiast.

Paul had a '91 5.0L Tbird and documented all the things he did to in in the TIX newsletters. He is retired now and did sell that car a few years back but now has a Marauder and a 6.0L GTO. I don't know which one he will bring but it is going to be an honor having him at this event!

Wzenheimer
03-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Just a few days away, looks like the weather will be nice. We should arrive sometime around 1:30pm-2:00pm assuming the winds treat us right.

Kurt Sunday
03-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Winds are 60+ in the area today. I sure hope that changes by Friday.

Kelly Simons will arrive Las Cruces 3pm Thursday. Evanoff and I are on the same flight from DFW to ELP Thursday evening.

Kris Campos and David Dalke arrive Friday 11am ELP airport. Puff Carrasco will arrive noon. We should all be at the hotel by noon.

Get ready for some culture shock Gentlemen!

I PM(ed) you my cellular if you need anything.

David Neibert
03-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Kurt,

So long as I can buy Bud Light there...I can adapt to whatever culture there is :D

David

92bird
03-08-2012, 12:37 AM
I am gonna regret missing this. But, can't get off work this week. Have fun you guys :cool:

Jeramie

Kurt K
03-10-2012, 11:44 AM
I know it is still early, but where are the updates?

92bird
03-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Hopefully the cops aren't hiding out behind the dumpster like they did at our Denver SCCoSW meet. A couple members got some hefty tickets.

Kurt Sunday
03-10-2012, 07:53 PM
http://db.tt/TiRWqkar

Kurt Sunday
03-10-2012, 08:12 PM
What a great time we all had a White Sands.

Here's a picture of Chris Wise:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ayvemnuumiA/TY1u_ga4frI/AAAAAAAAFk0/nM5-Heb9fEI/s400/white%2Bsands%2B057.JPG

Kurt Sunday
03-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Hey Holmes you want some headers with that?

Wzenheimer
03-11-2012, 01:47 AM
Hey Holmes you want some headers with that?

Only if it comes with butt jelly!!!

Wzenheimer
03-11-2012, 08:21 PM
STL crew is back home. We had a great time and next meet we are all doing the Kurt Sunday dance!

XR7 Dave
03-11-2012, 08:34 PM
STL crew is back home. We had a great time and next meet we are all doing the Kurt Sunday dance!

You mean with one shoe and one sock or are you talking about something to do with tea bags? :eek:

David Neibert
03-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Kathy and I just got home abut 30 minutes ago...we both had a great time.

David

PS:Kurt Sunday actually does have a wife and when he doesn't have to work on cars, Dave Dalke can party like a Rock Star :cool:

Kurt Sunday
03-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Here's the Rock Star now.....

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10469126/SC/Video%20Mar%2009%2C%208%2018%2057%20PM.mov

SCDan35thANV
03-12-2012, 05:24 PM
http://db.tt/TiRWqkar

Not sure if anyone noticed this but when I first saw this picture it looked like Dalke had a nice Mohawk going lol!

shoalcracker
03-12-2012, 05:39 PM
It's the first thing I noticed.

DD is going back to his teens for a redo I think.

Paul

PS

Nice control on the burn out.

Who's tires I wonder?

XR7 Dave
03-12-2012, 07:01 PM
It's the first thing I noticed.

DD is going back to his teens for a redo I think.

Paul

PS

Nice control on the burn out.

Who's tires I wonder?

It was a little much for the camera man I guess. :rolleyes: He assumed I was done and so missed the best part. ;)

The Mokawk needed a little yellow paint to stand out better.

Kurt's a champ, he let me abuse his 200K mile SC mercilessly. :D It ticks a little but runs sweet!

Superloop
03-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Man I wish I could've gone! that looks like fun!:D Next time make it happen in Albuquerque and I'll be there for sure; I'll even let DD do that to my SC, wait maybe not:p

Kris Campos
03-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Hey guys, it was a nice change to go to a meet where there were actully some mn12's!!!

So, I did make it home safely, after my 13 hour bus ride. It was all I thought it would be, and more! I had the pleasure of sitting next to the self proclaimed "baddest b!tch in vegas," for the first 6 hours, and a homeless man that claimed to be in the CIA for the rest of the trip. Apparently the CIA is housed on a small island outside of Europe, where they control and execute natural disasters with pinpoint accuracy. Unfortunately for him, the Japanese gave him a sleep deprivation shot that lasts the rest of his life. He rambled on for what seemed to be close to 2 hours, and I wanted to tell him to STFU, but I was worried he might try to kill me in my sleep. Other than the crazies, it wouldn't have been so bad if I wasn't so tall, but I think it will be a long time before I try something like that again.

Anyways, it was great to see everyone, and hopefully I'll have some time to work on my car and bring it to the next meet! Glad that everyone else made it home alright as well.

David Neibert
03-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Kris,

It sounds like the Bus ride home was everything you hoped it would be. Our trip back wasn't nearly as exciting until Chris wise turned off the auto pilot and let me fly the plane :eek:

David

WillPreisler
03-30-2012, 02:46 AM
Hey guys, looooong time, no see. I'm out in CA now but saw this post and was thinking about the crazy times we had at our meets and wanted to say Hi!

XB-70
04-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I'll never forget that SCCoSW meet in Tucumcari, NM over a decade ago!