v-band o-ring

SCrazy

SCCoA Member
Do the rubber o-rings supplied with v-band clamps hold up when used on headers or do people just use the clamps without the rings?

Do the rubber o-rings supplied with v-band clamps hold up when used on headers or do people just use the clamps without the rings?

Oring type v-bands are only for use on the cold side pipes for stuff like the intercooler or throttle body connections.

David

That's what I thought....I'm just going to use this one without the o-ring. It's about the sexiest muffler clamp I've ever seen.

That's what I thought....I'm just going to use this one without the o-ring. It's about the sexiest muffler clamp I've ever seen.

Yup love them. Both Kooks were done. Hate the ball socket type. Glad I have a set ready to install, after the shootout the ball and socket started to leak. Winter installs maybe.

Yup love them. Both Kooks were done. Hate the ball socket type. Glad I have a set ready to install, after the shootout the ball and socket started to leak. Winter installs maybe.

could never keep the headers from leaking until installing these. Now they seal so good with no leaks I blew out my cheapo mufflers!!

chris

I may buy a bunch of those v-band o-ring style clamps for sarahs intercooler setup since her pipes kept blowing apart half way down the 1/4 mile last year at the shootout. They wont ever come apart again after that.

chris

i've been procrastenating installing the v-band clamps since I had myself convinced that the job would really suck in cold weather on my back in the driveway........I WAS RIGHT. Thoroughly sh!tty job!!

With my heads and headers off of the car I finish welded on the v-bands last night.

After 10 years with my mild steel ceramic coated mid length Kooks there were some pin holes rusted through up by the head flange. I managed to fill them in with weld but they were on both side 3 different tubes total. Maybe I can get through this season then I guess it will be new headers for next winter.

I guess I can't complain about getting 10 years out of the the Kooks stuff.

Back