Question about mustangs

schwalbe

So I have a question about mustangs. 1/4 gas wants to let lose the rear tires. It's got 205s on the rear I think. Redlines at 7500 rmp. I believe it's got posi. What do you think could be done to the motor?

So I have a question about mustangs. 1/4 gas wants to let lose the rear tires. It's got 205s on the rear I think. Redlines at 7500 rmp. I believe it's got posi. What do you think could be done to the motor?

A 205 tire is as wide as a pencil............:eek:

I dont know about the engine, but a driver mod may be needed. ;)

Haha funny guys. It's got a 302. But what's been done to it so it revs up to 7500 rpm?

So did my 1967 Mustang - albeit not factory (before anyone jumps on me!)

It's been built to rev to 7500 - that's not a stocker upper limit (normally it's more like 5K or so).

I'd still be interested in what YEAR that body is.

RwP

It's a 1991 body, started life as a four banger. Convertible. It's a five speed. It's fuel injected. No build history except its got a new top.

Sounds like you got Jason Batwarda's old mustang. I think it has a Ken Duttweiler engine and some Turbo People stuff on it. If you get rid of the 205's and put a real tire back there, it should come to life pretty good.

mmfp_0808_05_z+racin_jason_betwarda+front_view.jpg

Micah,

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Mike Tracy's White Phantom.

0411mm_tracey_12_z.jpg

0411mm_tracey_03_z.jpg

Here's some details on the motor.

We went with an SVO N351 block. Greg did all the machine work, getting it ready for the bulletproof internals we had agreed on. A 377 stroker kit, consisting of a Crower billet crank, Eagle H-beam rods and custom Arias pistons made up the rotating assembly. Doug at ESI (San Diego) designed a custom dual-pattern cam and did a ton of work on the TFS aluminum heads. They went with a 2.08/1.625 valve combo and were able to get some extra porting done by converting to the J302 exhaust bolt pattern. Greg then assembled the long block, topping it off with some Crane Gold Race 1.6 rockers and a Probe rocker stud girdle kit and a hogged out Edelbrock RPM intake.

"After getting this all set up, we were off to Danny at Swanson Performance in Torrance, California, where we had him build a custom computer chip, and the car made 628 hp and 629 lb-ft of torque at the wheels. That was with 91-octane pump gas with 18 pounds of boost."

David

Last edited:
I drove it. It goes up to 7500 rmp and just purrs. But looks at the motor it looks stock from the outside. No it isn't any of those cars funny guys. Just a local guy around here selling it...

See I seen this car forsale before. It said the same thing then too. Never test drove it. It does have long tube headers on it. It sure feels like alot more power then a stock motor. But then again it's been awhile since I drove a mustang

You have to understand that none of us know what has been done to the car you're talking about. We haven't seen it.

This is why I am asking because the guy bought it and the wife is telling him to sell it now. So he has no clue either and I am just seeing what peoples opinions are. I know about 1/4 on the gas it let's lose. Both tires spin. It revs upto 7500. Rmp. Motor from the outside looks stock.

This is why I am asking because the guy bought it and the wife is telling him to sell it now. So he has no clue either and I am just seeing what peoples opinions are. I know about 1/4 on the gas it let's lose. Both tires spin. It revs upto 7500. Rmp. Motor from the outside looks stock.

Not enough info for anyone to offer a serious answer to your question..BTW what exactly is your question ?

David

Back