Slot MAF

nmcbchief

I am looking for a slot style maf. Will any Ford slot maf work? Trying to get things lined out for the 95mm TB install.

Yep they are cheap, you'll need to get a pigtail harness to make the connections also. You have to cut off the stock maf plug and connect the new one to the correct wires. The stock Ford slot maf will support ~450rwhp, at least it has for me.

Attachments

• 1989-95_MAF_to_2005+_MAF.JPG
    1989-95_MAF_to_2005+_MAF.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 7,821
All that money spent on c&ls over the years instead of those probably coulda covered the overhead for a set of new cylinder head castings :p

Yep they are cheap, you'll need to get a pigtail harness to make the connections also. You have to cut off the stock maf plug and connect the new one to the correct wires. The stock Ford slot maf will support ~450rwhp, at least it has for me.

Do you have a place to get the pig tail from?

All that money spent on c&ls over the years instead of those probably coulda covered the overhead for a set of new cylinder head castings :p

Yes, if you want to go back in time somewhere before 2005 when the new style was invented. Since then C&L definitely hasn't gotten rich on MAF housings. A drop in housing is still the best option for people not inclined to do the work necessary to make the slot MAF work.

BTW, that harness pigtail is the wrong one.

What about the SCT BA5000 slot maf or the VMP HPX 05+ Slot Style MAF Sensor?

As far as those two go, they are identical. Transfer functions are the same. Both are ford sensors, just modfied. Pull the stickers off them and they say Ford. WAAAAAY more range than a stock slot maf.

wow, second time i answered this, this week!

the vmp and the hpx are 'resisted' thats gives them the extra range, nothing fancy about it

i have a slot meter on all 9 of my supercoupes :)

Thanks Ryan for the diagram. Im sure the stock MAF can support your number but my understanding that the slotted MAF since it is not at its extreme limit is easier to dial in the tune. Since my engine at 5500rpm and over seems to get a little out of sync, the new MAF should help tuning mine engine at over 5500 a little easier. Guess my engine is more contumacious than yours to tune:D

Ken

Last edited:

What size pipe did you have it in?

Thanks Ryan for the diagram. Im sure the stock MAF can support your number but my understanding that the slotted MAF since it is not at its extreme limit is easier to dial in the tune. Since my engine at 5500rpm and over seems to get a little out of sync, the new MAF should help tuning mine engine at over 5500 a little easier. Guess my engine is more contumacious than yours to tune:D

Ken

I assume you went with the SCT or PMAS HPX unit? I'm thinking I'll be needing one also but need other bigger more expensive things at the moment:(

Back