Motor Swap troubles, and advice. 90 motor into a 95 body

Bluntz

All i can say is ~~~ with these cars man..... I try to do ~~~~ right and i am met with alot of problems with this car, but i love it so much!

Ok lets run a checklist of what i had to do, this is just for anyone in my boat that is also looking to do a motor swap of these years.

1, switch front timing cover (dont forget the allen bolt)
2, switch crankshaft sensor
3, switch harmonic balancer

Things i didnt know that have to be changed

4, exhaust manifold (no egr on the 90)
5, motor mounts (I learned this the hard way, had motor in and all bolted up to tranny before i discovered the moutor mount holes are different between the 90 and 95)

Ok now on to my problem, i am so close and so excited people, literally all i have to do is install fan and drivebelts and im on my way but wait!!!!!!!!!!!

The 95 car i bought in pieces is missing a very important one, THE WIRING HARNESS FOR THE DIS MODULE!!!!!
The pure joy and excitement of the job deflates into a depressive sadness....:mad:

the facts, The 90 harness for the fuel rail is the same as the 95 with one difference, the 95 has extra plug for egr... So far so good.

The 90 harness i have does not match up to the body harness of the 95 With the different crankshaft sensors i understand why.

Question is where do i find the DIS, Cam, Crank sensor wiring harness from a 95? Internet shows ZILCH when searching 1995 ford thunderbird sc wiring harness.

I called the previous owner and they are looking for it but thats a crapshoot, assuming they dont find it what do i do?
Thanks again for the help and assistance.

you don't have to swap the timing cover or crank trigger or balancer, etc... its as simple as putting a chip on the back of the computer

you don't need egr, just leave the vac line disconnected and disable the egr with the chip

the 95 doesn't have DIS it has EDIS, you can make your own harness if you want, doing so you'll have to ditch the connector unless you can find one at a junk yard, its not too terribly difficult to repin it

search for the 4r70w swap thread i made, i have a link with the full cbaza pin out, which is identical to the czaw0 ecu pin out for the 95, some pins move around when it controls a v6 though so be mindful, i have it labeled for reference

its really simple so don't be frightened

Back