CRAZY/lucky night for the SC

SCroots

Ok, I got on the freeway late last night to take some friends home. 4 people plus me, my 100 pound sub box, and 2 guitars in the trunk. a 300 zx hopped on the freeway next to me and just sorta hung out about a car length in front of me in the next lane. i assumed he wanted to race, cause if i sped up at all, he would follow suit to stay that certain distance infront of me.

so we were cruizing around 90 or so when he flashed is lights and "took off". i gassed the bird, about 3/4 pedal, and passed him within 6-7 seconds. when i was next to him, i could hear his car wailing, he was pushing it!! i also noticed he was ALONE! i was about 4-5 lenghts ahead when he flashed his lights again, and got off the freeway.

WAS THAT THE SLOWEST 300 ZX ON THE PLANET!??

THEN, as if that werent enough: i got to the parking lot of my school (CSUN) to drop off one of the girls at her car. the parking lot was empty, and two of the girls wanted to know if my car could do donuts. (you know where this is going) so, i did some. what none of us realized was that there was a cop sitting outside the parking lot watching the whole thing!!!!

HA HA. @$%&!!!!! everyone wanted to book it out of there, but i knew we couldnt. he already saw it, we just had to wait. ok, so to make a long story a little shorter - since i was nice and respectful to him about the whole thing, admitted that it was stupid (and it was), and didnt run when i saw him, he gave me a choice!!!

a ticket for exibition of speed or a ticket for exeeding the speed limit. GEE, officer, i dont know. so, he wrote me a ticket for 25 in a 5!!!!! then, if i wasnt lucky enough, one of the other officers (the one that had the keys to my car asked him, "so, i take it you're not going to impound the car then."
officer 1, "nope, thats the other break hes getting tonight"
officer 2, while handing me my keys, "dam, that a nice car too"

ha ha. sorry for the long post, just wanted to share my crazy/rediculous/lucky story with you guys.

they did make N/A 300zx's as well as twin turbos.. you probably met up with a N/A, or it would of handed you your ass :)

My buddy WON a 96' 300ZX non-turbo. He swore up and down how fast it was with this exhaust and K&N, and how my little 2.3 turbo bird wouldn't hang. He finally went to the eighth mile and learned to be more informed before he says things(his 10.5 vs my 9.564 in my TC). All in good fun. Now if he finds a used 300ZX twin turbo..........

oh, i am sure it was an N/A. i used to have a modded twin turbo stealth, so i know how fast those things can get. i just imagined that even a non turbo z would be a bit faster than it was. i thought i would have more trouble with it, especially with all the wieght in my car.

haha

thats a cool story scroots,, hey you got any pics of your car? cops seem to like the SC's, and is your car all stock? great kill!
-Damon

i had pics on the member page, but they dont seem to be working right now.

its not completely stock.
I took out the air silencer,
bored out the MAF,
and just got a full exhaust.
2.5 inch down tubes to high flow cats
through the stock resonator
2.5 all the way back to CUSTOM BUILT mufflers.

heres a pic, but since this was taken i got clear corners.

other mods include a big system with 3 comp 10s
built in Cobra radar/laser detector
and tonight i just put in a Cobra CB and yes, a PA.

Attachments

• sc.jpg
    sc.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 203
heres another from the back.

wow, i sure need to lower this thing.

Attachments

• sc2.jpg
    sc2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 201
no count a non turbo. shortly before meeting my now best friend in montgomery (darrin henderson top25; about 100 miles from where I live now) I was wearing out cars up and down the hwy in my 90m probe GT (a good bit faster than my SC) which is turbo and has other goodies, so everyone at that hangout decided to sick "D" on me, in his 94? if I recall correctly 300 TT. needless to say when he pulled up on me at the light I had a lot more respect already than I deserved; all I could ask was if he REALLY wanted to waste his gas, he ANNIHLATED me; and worst was he never hit full throttle; but it was still a nice car; the moral is...the TT's ARE fast aned ARE awesome...so if you see slits on the corners in the front; leave it ALONE...

How did you do donuts in a 94 automatic? They have open rears.
The only way to get both sides smoking in mine is to nail it straight ahead. Just wondering if yours could have been replaced with something else.

Nice story!

Too bad the cops saw you lol... nice outcome though. Don't discredit the N/A ZXs too much, they still run 0 to 60 in around 6.5 seconds, so they could easily challenge a stock SC! Nice looking cars, but they still only hold 2 ppl comfortably!

donuts.

Hey seafood, cant you just turn the wheels hard over to one direction and hit the gas? I used to do that in my old 1990 N/A t bird and it spun around pretty nicely,..
-Damon

As far as i know, the rear is still stock. I stood on he brake for about 3 seconds to get both tires smoking. then turned hard right (the drive side) to whip the tail around. i spun it once to the right, then twice to the left. HE HE.

As far as i know, the rear is still stock. I stood on he brake for about 3 seconds to get both tires smoking. then turned hard right (the drive side) to whip the tail around. i spun it once to the right, then twice to the left. HE HE.

Nice story!

Too bad the cops saw you lol... nice outcome though. Don't discredit the N/A ZXs too much, they still run 0 to 60 in around 6.5 seconds, so they could easily challenge a stock SC! Nice looking cars, but they still only hold 2 ppl comfortably!

Back