Searched for ever and can't find the answer

mustangdan65

I am working on my son's 90 SC anniversary car. There is a plug that is in the same harness as the windshield washer pump plug and exits out in the same place and it looks like there was something plugged into it but I can't figure out what. The car has been in pieces for 11 years and I am trying to get it put together. Thanks for any ideas!! Dan

Do you have a description or a picture of it? The other stuff over there I thik is maybe the Master Cylinder or something that plugs into the ABS pump?

I am working on my son's 90 SC anniversary car. There is a plug that is in the same harness as the windshield washer pump plug and exits out in the same place and it looks like there was something plugged into it but I can't figure out what. The car has been in pieces for 11 years and I am trying to get it put together. Thanks for any ideas!! Dan

Might be the one that plugs onto the power steering pump, because it's right across from the washer pump.

David

There is a fuse that goes into a recess in the bottom of the washer fluid tank near the pump....

Or it could go to the washer fluid level sensor if the car has a VMM....

Last edited:
Also if it doesnt have the VMM the plug would still be there, just would not be used. I have the same one on my car. Just hangs there and goes to nothing

There is a fuse that goes into a recess in the bottom of the washer fluid tank near the pump....

Or it could go to the washer fluid level sensor if the car has a VMM....

What does the fuse go to? I found a big fuse looking thing in the car when we got it. I will take a picture of the plug in a few minutes. Thanks for all the help!!!!

I am a moron. I read the post twice and replied. I kept seeing it as the Windshield Wiper Motor plug he was looking near.

That harness I think has the washer pump, and the "fuse" they are speaking of looks like a fuse, but it is actually a sensor that may still be clipped into the bottom of the washer tank that sends the signal to the VMM when the washer fluid is low.

Also down there may be the plug for the ARC system. There is a sensor that plugs into the brake line, and also not sure if the power sterring ARC sensor is on that side or not. I don't recall...

How many pins is the connector?

Might be the EGR plug, most or all of the 1990 model didn't come with an EGR valve but it's in all of the wiring harnesses.

garage_attachment.php

It may be hard to see but in the red box, is this the area you are rerferring too?

The washer fluid level switch would be a two slotted receptacle plug

im in the house not looking under the hood but im thinking cruise control plug is inside the fender near the washer

hope this helps

ralph

im in the house not looking under the hood but im thinking cruise control plug is inside the fender near the washer

hope this helps

ralph

That one is there too, but I think it runs down from near the windshield inside the fender, and it a part of the turn signal wiring there.. Not 100% on that though.

garage_attachment.php

It may be hard to see but in the red box, is this the area you are rerferring too?

The washer fluid level switch would be a two slotted receptacle plug

That is exactly it!!!!! Now the next question, does anyone have a resavoir with that on it they want to sell???:D

I have a wash fluid tank that has the sensor attached but leaks around the washer pump itself. It still has the tabs for mounting. Like I said it leaks but you can get it for shipping cost.

Back